注册
查看: 1554|回复: 1

[招聘信息] 华人社区服务中心招聘Family Literacy Coordinator

[复制链接]
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-8-10 10:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Position: Family Literacy Coordinator
4 W+ `7 M3 J" q( oTerms: Part time contract position (16 hours per week) August 24/09-July 31/10 with possibility of extension4 R7 x8 ]/ y% i  L" H
. |2 b* S) [  zClosing Date: August 13/09, s- v5 M0 X3 [2 |/ g

% Z( r: o5 H( H& S3 y. g- H
& |' y% {1 W* L" _2 ^Job Description: The Family Literacy Program at ASSIST offers a multifaceted approach to support and enhance family literacy in the young families in the Edmonton Chinese community.  The primary goals of the program is to educate and facilitate parents and/or grandparents to engage their children/grandchildren in literacy activities from their native culture, whether that be reading, singing, rhyming or other cultural activity, while at the same time enhancing their natural literacy activities with Canadian-style literacy programs including rhyming and reading programs when possible.
( N- s  n/ I6 e% R5 L* q4 Z) t" M  g+ I1 {- w
The Family Literacy Coordinator is responsible for the full implementation of the project :  planning, organizing, coordination, administration, recruitment and promotion, documentation, budgeting, volunteer development, evaluation and reporting of the Family Literacy Program.  
* u( X( A" [& e# o5 ]/ ~6 y$ m0 `! ?5 |* ^% L8 @
Major program components include family literacy education for parents and/or grandparents who have children/grandchildren aged 0-5 years through group facilitation and workshops; promotion and delivery of family literacy activities in the broader community context; building and sustaining community partnerships.  The coordinator also supervises, supports and works together with group facilitators in program delivery including curriculum development and management of resources.  c3 M, l0 x- m; R, Y
$ U0 |& K+ \4 u! i7 i# B, m2 p
The position is based on the principle of flextime in that the hours vary according to the work needing to be completed.  Generally the workweek falls within Monday- Friday with flexibility for weekend group sessions and/or events.  5 ~& A. j6 C' ?; {7 o, d
4 l! U* l3 e4 E
Education, experience & skills: Post secondary education in Social Services, Early Childhood Education/Development, or related fields; Minimum 3 years direct experience working with families and children in related social service fields; solid knowledge of family literacy, child development and parenting education; strong group facilitation skills; experienced in building community partnership; team player; supervisory experience including supervising,  supporting and training staff; experience working in a diverse environment; excellent verbal/written skills in English, Cantonese and Mandarin; good computer skills; basic bookkeeping and accounting skills; a valid driver's license and vehicle; police and children services security checks and 3 references.  
+ W' Q, X: g) y; \3 r# k- |0 B
4 N+ a+ a9 v; s( z0 Z
+ c% V* f- _7 z1 v( P% l% h0 ?' CTo Apply : In confidence, submit CV & cover letter together by e-mail with the subject line: Job Application – Family Literacy Coordinator to: Florence Pang-Tsui, Family Program Coordinator at email florence.pang@assistcsc.org.  We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.  We would not take any phone enquiries.
老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-8-10 13:10 | 显示全部楼层
不是相关专业的能申请吗?因为我也有小孩子,可以分享经验.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-6-4 07:13 , Processed in 0.155624 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.