鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-12-22 13:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Position Description
  |& F8 r- p9 K  w/ R2 \! S
7 G( ?7 C( q& j& j9 aPRIMARY CARE NURSE8 W) {- @* z3 b) w

# x: ^6 u$ D) k* T+ Z9 zPOSITION SUMMARY$ j) ~3 \7 h! q" Z0 m( w3 a
$ r- Z, {# g! `
The Primary Care Nurse will provide comprehensive nursing services to the patient population of a family practice clinic within the Network.  The Nurse will assess, manage and support patients, providing appropriate documentation, and will work collaboratively with the physician and multi-disciplinary team to develop and implement care plans and to provide follow-up with the patient.  The Nurse will work to full scope of practice within the primary care setting; some duties will vary depending on the clinic and patient population.
2 J7 d$ _- w. `) \+ F" U! |* g6 C( }, i& e$ N
The Primary Care Nurse will work with Family Physicians in the community, other health professionals and local and regional programming in a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure a high quality of evidence-based health care to the practice population.
: X" B% {/ a. @" i- G" L: L& H) \+ z4 Y$ t4 x% {2 b5 l
The Nurse will report to the Clinic Coordinator.* Q1 M& g3 y- k( r; z: v
& j2 k& A9 g/ P! ?: K3 `3 S
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
9 T# T% G* _; N, K( j. r, N: M0 a) c: H
Key Responsibilities
, J  R9 w! @- m2 h& ~
! w" u) k3 f; o; q: l0 B•        To work collaboratively within a family practice environment to enhance the delivery of primary care services.2 C* P, S) j) v- o- v% h
•        To receive patients and provide individualized health care and services based on highly developed nursing knowledge and skills.
4 U! \5 h4 x! K•        According to practice protocols, conduct assessments, initiate and implement management strategies and provide appropriate follow-up.% s5 n0 Y- u  W
•        To make professionally autonomous decisions in managing patients and offering a complementary source of care to that offered by medical practitioners.
5 Y* P, `# p8 a•        To assist in the implementation of strategies for improving the quality and provision of care for the practice population.
9 _9 ?6 B0 y! z6 y•        Educator, communicator, advocate, coordination/navigation, supporter3 T( X8 g/ a1 |
) b1 l! r# V4 ]
Clinical Role
& {* R# |" h% f7 v
9 F( i$ \% C) c) {( {* x8 I•        To work in conjunction with the physicians or independently as appropriate to incorporate the nursing process to provide patient centered, goal oriented care.  & j/ x& w1 s7 O$ [+ l8 L3 @% `
•        To develop long-term, trusting relationships with both patients and peers in providing primary care services. 3 y$ ^+ r( J1 I/ [4 o* p# L/ o
•        To assist in the delivery of disease management and health promotion programs according to clinical practice guidelines.
" B3 f6 [' ]. c/ m- \" u; Y3 \" `•        Ensure the maintenance of accurate records in line with practice policy.
3 Y/ O: s$ ^( k/ r; y. D& R•        To assist in developing and implementing patient self-management programs.8 z3 N" w+ X' b9 f# z& d! R
•        To coordinate with Alberta Health Services and ensure that relevant regional programming is effectively used.- V4 z/ H- \8 \% O. p5 Q
•        To act as a resource to other multidisciplinary team members, physicians, and community resources.
6 P7 P; g# e6 k  }! [: q2 U•        To offer training support for other team members and assist in their professional development.& q0 c. R# |7 t( r* L! F$ w5 q
  |( i! \& S  f& S
* REFER TO ROLE DESCRIPTION – APPENDIX *' m! y' d0 ~* ?& ?$ }# d2 Q* z
- m2 j2 l8 K& V  Z9 }
Professionalism
4 A) j- `) a2 l# }7 z- w- a3 n* \0 u* k- L) I8 N
•        The primary care nurse should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.1 Y/ ]2 g9 j' u/ K. [
•        He/she should be able to work in a team while respecting the views/opinions of others.
, n' Q  v; m6 d1 S•        Should have the ability to act responsibly, accountable, excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills.
( ]4 Y, g  ~& q+ d•        Requires the ability to work independently and prioritize workload.' r' Y- o! _) U' x
•        To be responsible for own professional development through a variety of strategies highlighted in personal development plan.
1 S* m* o( f# }6 ~! D- o% p  b1 d9 K•        To participate in the Network’s education program.) v/ s" T0 |- o: p3 y9 {6 A8 C

# F) Y) h# r8 E8 A+ SSELECTION REQUIREMENTS:& P7 v/ u; ~4 E

6 k. `) W! n; e4 U; }Qualifications/Experience( E2 o. _: @9 x. H) e6 g
•        Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred' P" k1 O7 l8 u; T% }
•        Preference given to those with at least 5 years nursing experience in primary care setting.6 n# i; H- ?* O* w5 C; r
•        Current CARNA Registration
9 K# E1 ]5 ?2 H3 B•        Current CPR – Healthcare Provider
+ o4 h; f0 H$ U# Z6 V•        Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
, z) T9 o/ k: V9 b1 ?•        Knowledge of, and ability to use, electronic medical records; c& N8 ^- X3 l4 F! e8 Y
) n7 `3 e" A& h5 `
Apply here: www.edmontonsouthsidepcn.ca  9 p9 v8 M: X( a% y2 _7 X
Competition deadline is January 14th, 2011.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-12-22 15:19 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-23 06:11 , Processed in 0.116178 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.