找回密码
 注册
查看: 8071|回复: 6

给猫眯拔指甲(declaw)手术很残忍,欧洲多数国家法律禁止了的

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-12-11 00:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
declawing会给猫咪带来极大痛苦还可能危及其生命。declawing 不只是拔指甲(已经够残忍了), 而是切除猫爪的最前关节,才能保证指甲不再生长.这就相当于切除咱们人所有手指的第一关节或一二关节. 稍微google 一下这方面材料很多。现在美加几乎所有的兽医协会和Humane shelter 都反对这种很不人道的截肢手术。很多兽医也发誓不做这类手术的。兽医还说declawed的猫咪可能会因此变得心理意欲,性格改变呢。而且它们一旦走失(说实话,这里多数人家住在house里,走失的可能挺大的),连自我防卫或爬树的能力都不具备。请记住,一点不夸张的说,拔指甲 =  截肢。 先多了解些到底什么是Declawing,再考虑下您的选择吧。猫咪的行为是可以训练的,如果是小猫,更应该多给点儿耐心。
3 _& [  F) n9 e
! B; P0 ^. Q4 g0 u0 O: k* }+ X. u" b这是文学城关于declawing 问题的讨论。: r+ c/ R# k' h
http://web.wenxuecity.com/BBSView.php?SubID=pet&MsgID=75355/ p% u# s9 g1 E3 l7 \1 a! J8 a
2 `: t6 U* p% g# c" E5 X/ Z
网上文章太多了,随便引一篇 : $ |/ T- y' {4 c4 C' q
Written by Veterinarian, Dr. Christianne Schelling
3 r" U4 E% _; zhttp://www.declawing.com/
6 ]& o: v& t1 ^$ z& a# t: a+ w, N) ?* R# {7 ]6 V7 a( K0 T( [9 d2 X+ p; ~' _
If you are considering declawing your cat, please read this. It will only take a moment, and it will give you valuable information to help you in your decision.
# o0 S. ~: G4 I# d+ f
0 x4 g7 G" [; g) u2 k# L0 k% d4 LFirst, you should know that declawing is pretty much an American thing, it's something people do for their own convenience without realizing what actually happens to their beloved cat. In England declawing is termed "inhumane" and "unnecessary mutilation." I agree. In many European countries it is illegal. I applaud their attitude.
/ D2 z2 W6 Z- N2 B' S
/ a# P" T3 n6 ^; O2 j7 FBefore you make the decision to declaw your cat, there are some important facts you should know. Declawing is not like a manicure. It is serious surgery. Your cat's claw is not a toenail. It is actually closely adhered to the bone. So closely adhered that to remove the claw, the last bone of your the cat's claw has to be removed. Declawing is actually an amputation of the last joint of your cat's "toes". When you envision that, it becomes clear why declawing is not a humane act. It is a painful surgery, with a painful recovery period. And remember that during the time of recuperation from the surgery your cat would still have to use its feet to walk, jump, and scratch in its litter box regardless of the pain it is experiencing. Wheelchairs and bedpans are not an option for a cat.
4 [* l1 Q6 j+ M* x6 S, T
; j. y% A' D3 ]' T5 zNo cat lover would doubt that cats--whose senses are much keener than ours--suffer pain. They may, however, hide it better. Not only are they proud, they instinctively know that they are at risk when in a weakened position, and by nature will attempt to hide it. But make no mistake. This is not a surgery to be taken lightly.
: L( @' J. O7 b8 O& ^: u, Y
( Z; J0 P* D/ S5 m) v/ oYour cat's body is perfectly designed to give it the grace, agility and beauty that is unique to felines. Its claws are an important part of this design. Amputating the important part of their anatomy that contains the claws drastically alters the conformation of their feet. The cat is also deprived of its primary means of defense, leaving it prey to predators if it ever escapes to the outdoors.
  h. I' x: [) L$ b$ C4 j/ W& C3 m; `. L5 a2 ^
I have also had people tell me that their cat's personality changed after being declawed. Although, the medical community does not recognize this as potential side effect. ) x0 o2 E0 y/ P6 v; R
% Q. U6 O, Q& U& H4 z! O
Okay, so now you realize that declawing is too drastic a solution, but you're still concerned about keeping your household furnishings intact. Is there an acceptable solution? Happily, the answer is yes. A big, joyful, humane YES! Actually there are several. The following website "Cat Scratching Solutions" provides many solutions as well as and insight into the psychology of why cats scratch. You can teach your cat to use a scratching post (sisal posts are by far the best). You can trim the front claws. You can also employ aversion methods. One of the best solutions I've found is Soft Paws®.
7 Y, R8 n. z( I) ]
7 V) b  N5 E6 s' a5 A' NSoft Paws are lightweight vinyl nail caps that you glue on the cat's front claws. They're great for households with small children and are extremely useful for people who are away from home all day and can't exercise the watchfulness necessary to train a cat to use a scratching post. Soft Paws® are easy to apply and last about four to six weeks. They come in clear or colors--which are really fun. Now that's a kitty manicure! The colored caps look spiffy on Tabby or Tom and have the added advantage of being more visible when one finally comes off. Then you simply replace it. You can find Soft Paws® on the web by clicking here or call 1-800-989-2542.
3 I6 M1 L4 L, [! L/ q5 ?7 b( W
' u  V, c* n& CYou need to remember, though, that the caps and nail trimming should only be used on indoor cats who will not be vunerable to the dangers of the outdoors.
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-12-11 10:17 | 显示全部楼层
我记得狗的declaw指的是幼犬2-3周大时把飞趾去掉。因为年龄小,飞趾发育还没完全,手术痛苦也不大,甚至称不上手术。用专用的宠物美容剪就可以了。飞趾俗称狼爪,就是前腿关节内侧那个小指甲。有的狗后腿也长飞趾。飞趾属于退化的无用的东西,摘掉也无妨。不过google了一下猫咪的declaw手术,确实像楼上说的,要把指甲连根拔起,一位兽医说:“在猫做完(去爪)手术,从麻醉中苏醒恢复时所表露出来的本性,最能体现这项手术的不人道之处。在做完其他常规手术包括绝育手术后,猫的恢复过程都是相当平静的,但在去爪手术后,极度的疼痛会导致猫不停挣扎跳起要跳离康复笼。猫其后还会强忍剧痛无助地蜷缩在康复笼的角落里,一动也不动。”
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-12-11 17:59 | 显示全部楼层
太惨了!看得我毛骨悚然!相信有猫咪的朋友们了解了这个情况后一定会三思而行的。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2007-12-11 23:34 | 显示全部楼层

可不是,主要希望广大猫家长多了解些这方面的情况

老杨团队 追求完美
不要轻易让猫猫受这份罪。
鲜花(12) 鸡蛋(6)
发表于 2007-12-17 22:36 | 显示全部楼层
我知道你们都在批评我。
& h& e9 J5 k3 X: q1 W% Q0 B2 f 但是我也痛苦呀,挠的我染上红颜色都成“蜘蛛人”了,之前我也咨询了些医生,都说没大关系的。
7 q; w$ P9 a! n( W$ t7 E为了满足她,让她开心,我的脖子天天带伤上班,所有人都指责我,而且郑重告诉我:那是动物。我回敬:我们都是动物啊。。。 / N% e- Z, d; j* H2 L6 c
养动物之前真的要有充分的思想准备,我以为我准备好了;我可以花费时间,精力。还有钱。没想到。。。。。: j3 w4 j: r+ k7 O! V" {
这份牵挂一样沉重。
老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-12-18 13:32 | 显示全部楼层
我想应该有更好的办法才对,你的猫猫那么小,应该是可以训练的,哪怕他挠你的时候严厉制止,哪怕给他适当的惩罚,让他知道什么该做什么是主人绝对不允许的,同时适当给他剪指甲, 都比给他去指甲来得好些.& g3 q( l/ T- h1 [: i9 ~
4 O, _9 ~" A6 p9 u
从现在养成好习惯,长大了自然不会那么做了.总之我觉得猫猫狗狗都是很聪明的动物,你只要从小训练他们,他们会知道是非的.我也觉得狗就是狗,猫就是猫,不能和人相比的,我也不像很多人一样把宠物真当成了自己的孩子,但我觉得他们毕竟是一条条可爱的生命,我们要规范训练他们,更要善待他们,不能让他们受不必要的痛苦.都说十指连心,我想动物也是这样吧?他们痛了也不会说,太可怜了!再说,万一猫被去了指甲性格大变,那麻烦更大了.还有其实大家并没有真的去批评你,因为我原来也不知道去指甲会给猫猫带来那么大的痛苦,既然知道了,还是得三思而行啊.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-1-12 02:26 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
难道不能给猫剪指甲么??
/ q) }6 S) B0 f! ~也不是很麻烦啊...# y5 L; w7 o6 x
而且我看我们家的猫也不是总是到处抓啊,就有一段时间,还是比较小的时候,还想特别喜欢抓抓,不抓好像爪子就会痒一样...9 l! m) X2 y# }  j+ g, @) R
我也被抓伤过,只是红印子而已,也没有多大事..
  `; @& M- D' E( c, M( u" O干吗那么残忍!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-13 16:11 , Processed in 0.187377 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.