找回密码
 注册
查看: 1437|回复: 1

[招聘信息] Resource Nurse-Mentor

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-24 15:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Employment Opportunity / Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative. , H4 p  ?7 ]* C& D  Y& M
- `' E9 @. z/ E, w+ E/ T. F  H
Position: Resource Nurse-Mentor (O.5 FTE, with possibilities of increase to 0.7 FTE) / Start Date: Sept. 2008 / Closing Date: July 31, 2008. # x# k, `- Q8 X/ R0 W
9 ]5 L; `* \, B' Y7 a/ O
The Organization: based in Edmonton, the Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op is a registered workers' co-operative, founded on the principles of social justice & equity, with the mandate to provide culturally & linguistically care, community development and system advocacy support to families within 16 local immigrant and refugee communities.
8 Y* w' Z7 y' B9 a+ m
0 n$ i$ Z% I6 F2 A: BPosition Summary: The Resource Nurse-Mentor position is a unique nursing position, created to provide support to the Multicultural Health Brokers in their efforts to assist immigrant and refugee families in navigating the health care systems through holistic family support and advocacy.
9 j. P) \7 k  |0 @  u  H) p8 e, k, M- a/ o$ A
The position requires someone who is sensitive, patient and strength-based in orientation. It requires cultural humility, sensitivity to power relations, an understanding of working with diverse cultures, working styles/backgrounds.   a- r# ~& \& |
4 N2 z2 T1 ~9 }
It requires excellent oral/written communication skills, the capacity to work independently while function well in multidisciplinary teams + the passion for equity and an understanding of the impact of poverty and marginalization on health and well-being.
9 _" X: P1 h1 t6 |- A; z: x+ T" C
# u3 s0 K% m  b: PWe are looking for individuals who can be involved in 5 main areas:
& s1 d% ^& b' p- }+ [% C; Z
! D3 H" D+ `5 H' t1 vPre-natal/postnatal education, both individual & group learning; reflective mentoring as peer-mentor/collaborator, including performance review, caseload management & referral distribution; Data collection, reporting & evaluation, including stats. collection & reporting for Capital Health as required.$ V- [; A% G! b2 H! _, s

: I* N( D5 V* X1 c0 ]' |5 RPLUS: advocacy & navigation of the health care system, including some direct support to refugee families; Regular participation in MCHB Co-op meetings, mentor team meetings and strategic direction review and setting meetings. . S! g* F, P1 O
3 b( [$ u( ^, D
Candidates should possess the following credentials: Registered Nurse with Baccalaureate degree, Community Health Nursing experience, maternal/child nursing or Pre-natal class facilitation experience, deep understanding of cross-cultural health issues.
- X4 h' S! z* w
, a7 i5 f- T* e) i! h+ P, u+ XPLUS: knowledge of community resources & experience in advocating for marginalized groups, knowledge of health care + other essential systems & the impact of systemic barriers, and experience with Reflective Practice and caseload management.
8 Y9 w6 i. k6 J3 O' H: T( C; b' @9 E+ e  a, |7 V' H+ L
TO APPLY - Submit resume & cover letter in confidence to:
. F7 m' R; Y* L
3 s- h0 h/ D& n7 `  _8 f5 dYvonne Chiu, Co-executive Director6 U- D6 i9 X+ C4 r) f" k
Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative
- z/ j1 [: z, @! t1 e6 H: w10867-97 Street, Edmonton, AB T5H 2M6 * W! ]' t$ J0 O
E: yvonnechiu@shaw / F: 780.428.27485 \9 |1 d1 o& O/ a" z! _* G& W

$ C+ }3 C( x& @5 [( o& [PS. We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-7-27 20:49 | 显示全部楼层
老柳教车
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-16 06:25 , Processed in 0.146467 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.