埃德蒙顿华人社区-Edmonton China

找回密码
 注册
查看: 1458|回复: 1

[招聘信息] Chinese-Speaking (Mandarin & Cantonese) Peri-natal Health Outreach Worker

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-10-14 08:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative is seeking a Peri-natal Outreach Worker for a 72-hours per month position over the next 6 months (with the likelihood of extension into 2009-2010). % n5 A. h# D' X. I6 T& N4 t
1 z+ [  I6 K$ r( Z
The Multicultural Health Brokers Co-operative is a registered health workers co-operative with a mandate to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate peri-natal health education and family support to immigrant & refugee families.' w; h# D: k( a2 u  `/ b

! I; e9 _9 U9 [5 r5 h. e! L+ KRole of the Peri-natal Outreach Worker within this Capital Health funded program is to provide culturally and linguistically relevant pre and post-natal support to Chinese-speaking women and their families through home visitation, telephone support and connections to relevant services & resources.% R# J! X6 S3 n' O( q
( k% g; j, P! B( Y" M9 Z  o
Duties will include:
- P, g' ?5 O6 \7 d5 p3 V2 [1.        responding to referrals or request for peri-natal health outreach support by connecting with pre. or  post-natal Chinese-speaking women and their families.$ {6 g, C# D, l6 h: u
2.        providing culturally & linguistically relevant pre and post-natal health information to Chinese-speaking women & their families, such as pre & post natal nutrition, maternal & infant care, and breastfeeding.
3 Q- z- k3 @  \3.        helping Chinese-speaking women connect with appropriate pre-natal and post-natal health care & services, including physician’s care, public health services.
& k- y: }. ^+ {4.        connecting Chinese-speaking women & their families with community resources and services relevant to their needs & circumstances including “Health for Two” Prenatal Nutrition program.( H( T3 E/ H  G4 K
5.        providing parenting information and support in a variety of settings, and through a variety of programs such as  Nobody’s Perfect Parenting program and Rhymes that Bind (early literacy) groups. In relation to partnership with organizations like Centre for Family literacy, provide relevant reports, evaluation and translation support to our partners.- |& P6 N$ m' n% R2 m
6.        whenever possible, partner with community groups within the Chinese-speaking community to provide parent education and support through community development.
1 l& s$ U7 i! N2 x7 ?7.        participating in bimonthly planning sessions and training sessions that are appropriate to peri-natal health to ensure information, is current and accurate.
+ c: k; |9 H& q9 P$ V7 T8.        submitting in a timely manner monthly client statistics and data information.
3 d  R5 D. c/ i8 h$ A% I9.        participating in all evaluation processes and outcome measures of peri-natal work with Chinese-speaking families.
2 S$ L) ^2 m& w' p( K7 p
5 V& l" B( o0 T3 r# gQualifications include training in or knowledge of maternal and infant health, familiarity with 1 V7 h/ {) t4 d8 r
health issues affecting immigrant and refugee families, knowledge of the local health care system as well as community resources, and strong understanding of the community development approach to health.  Ability to read and write Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese) and English fluently is important.
! v8 ^5 c& D' w: W; \7 `/ r3 q. u# a1 a$ P
Personal characteristics that we value in such a worker includes:1 |3 u, s. v0 q+ a: e. }) E9 r
•        respect confidentiality and be non-judgmental with families & colleagues  
! a# X7 B$ U9 e9 Z! E+ i, H•        ability to form and maintain relationships of trust and mutuality with individuals and families,
. ^- j. Z& ?; v  Q" U- {•        understanding and accepting of differences in others, able to see different perspectives & problem-solve accordingly in a team context  
6 E9 n+ R0 [0 K3 ?# m•        capacity to be self-aware and reflective as a community worker, including the courage to learn and grow from experience4 A' A# {" ^! L4 S) o1 b1 I- y
•        commitment towards improving the well-being of immigrant & refugee families and communities4 e8 n" H) X; P( \2 b/ e
•        within the work context, willing to compromise personal priorities & interest for the benefit of the collective according to the principles of co-operative.   
2 v" x% `4 Y% L. @0 |5 C9 [9 m1 H. V& J8 N# _
Please submit resume by October 31, 2008 (Friday) to the Multicultural Health Brokers Co-op:2 f. z# W3 |# w
10867 – 97 Street, Edmonton T5H 2M6, or fax: 428-2748 or e-mail to ann_nicolai_mchb@interbaun.com
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-10-14 16:48 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 13:42 , Processed in 0.144872 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.