[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-5-12 15:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Alberta Centennial Bulletin
" }$ m- v* P6 \, MTuesday, May 3, 2005
0 R6 i5 _% ^' f) ^8 |0 u. u; }% D9 n- @) ]9 |& p
Alberta Centennial Kick-off Party “Sold Out!”
4 l% U2 t5 |, Z) N8 yThe Alberta Centennial Kick-off Party is a "sell-out" just two days after tickets were made available to the public. If you didn’t get tickets to the event, there are several other opportunities to see the Queen during her visit to Alberta. Check out the Royal Visit website to see the full itinerary. Approximately 50,000 tickets to the May 23 celebration in Commonwealth Stadium were offered free to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. The concert event will offer a continuous program of family entertainment celebrating the province's heritage, diversity and future promise, and will feature performing artists ranging from Aboriginal and folk to country, jazz and hip hop. See the full line-up of performers on the centennial website.
* T4 H6 R: D, x' Y+ ^# F3 b7 R
) W- r9 Z. w& |7 x3 zAlbertans making a scene in Ottawa 8 e; {$ u! b3 f2 _
This week, Alberta is making a splash in the nation’s capital. The Alberta Scene festival features hundreds of Alberta’s established and emerging artists, performing at more than 95 events at 19 venues. The festival runs from April 28 to May 10. Aboriginal artists will form a key part of the festival sharing the vibrant arts and culture of Alberta’s First Nations communities. Presenters and promoters from across Canada, and a dozen other countries will be on hand to see Alberta's artists and provide opportunities for festival and concert bookings, recording and distribution deals, and other potential benefits. The Government of Alberta contributed $500,000 to the festival that showcases the best of our thriving contemporary arts and culture.
  {, C7 {# e8 E1 q9 W" w7 Q& p  m( ]; T% M& @6 M# Z
Centennial Medallions
/ _: J* t% p3 `8 GAlberta is issuing a series of four special centennial medallions in 2005. A 14-karat gold medallion is being presented to Albertans 100 years or older. A special-edition brass centennial medallion will be given to all students registered in kindergarten through grade 12 in Alberta schools. A limited number of sterling silver medallions will be awarded as commemorative gifts from the province. A brass medallion will be available for purchase starting May 5 at the Queen’s Printer Bookstores, around the province in select Alberta museums and historic sites and online. This brass medallion sells for $8.95 (including GST). More information is available on the Alberta Centennial website or by calling 310-4455 toll-free from anywhere in Alberta.
* M. Y: S$ u0 d! u/ H
$ P% t5 i6 y1 t4 w- M# s+ OGet Your Motor Running
0 }- H7 O# G  ^/ C8 K/ VCatch the free-wheeling experience of a lifetime, with Life and Times of the Motorcycle, a new exhibition at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum. Explore the history and impact of motorcycling from 1900 to present day, with a stellar line-up of 150 motorcycles! Topic areas include the Origins of the Motorcycle, Pioneers, Motorcycles at Work, Customizing, Racing, Off-Road, Fashion, and “My First Bike”. The exhibit runs May 14, 2005-September 17, 2006.
9 i( T; d2 H. I$ o$ @; ~/ O; A. y7 Y) M' D8 Y; w- P0 C
Alberta Centennial Image – Children, Youth and Education
) V% [0 S7 t, G8 [5 D" t+ c5 v% mEach month, the centennial website features an image, courtesy of the Provincial Archives of Alberta, representing a unique story from Alberta’s past. In 1946, boys in Alberta’s cities often made pocket money by delivering newspapers after school. View the image on the Alberta Centennial website.
/ s- c9 L* B$ }% K; a/ o; m4 e! }) E, w( x7 T0 \: _

( N! k  N3 `) B% b  `3 p$ T, o: h6 j( Y% [
-2-, K/ v& a# A, R. e9 I
- l! F: W- r/ L
From Hoof Prints to Tank Tracks8 `3 J. p8 F& u
Also celebrating a 100th birthday in 2005 is the South Alberta Light Horse Regiment (SALH), one of the oldest militia units in Western Canada. To celebrate, the Provincial Museum of Alberta and SALH Regiment Foundation are presenting Hoof Prints to Tank Tracks: 100 Years of the South Alberta Light Horse, an exhibition running from May 7 to September 18, 2005. Visitors to the gallery will encounter SALH’s rich history through the personal stories of past and present members of the Regiment, displays exploring the Regiment’s role during the First and Second World Wars and a chronology of their significant achievements during times of war and peace.  ! l. D; M4 a% K3 J+ ~% R

2 u) f! a  g$ x+ T; K5 T8 U$ fAlberta Children, Youth and Education Facts Online- ^: l$ L: c8 J! Y1 S6 k0 T
What was life like for kids 100 years ago? What did they do for fun in 1905? Alberta's children and youth are an important part of the history of the province and today’s young Albertans are tomorrow’s leaders and the key to ensuring that our next century is even better. Check out the Children, Youth and Education fact sheet for all kinds of interesting information on 100 years of growing up in Alberta.
0 o7 |" l  W0 L9 d7 Q/ U% b: D2 c8 ]7 ^4 k5 n6 k9 Q4 i2 [& X* C
The Tall and the Short of it
' Z! `2 n. R! u* M; MPhotographer/artist Harry Palmer is celebrating the centennials of Alberta and Saskatchewan by using his new style of photography, Tallpec, to create a commemorative photographic art book. The book is filled with vivid coloured images of the mountains, rivers, cities, communities, countryside and industries found in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Digitally squeezing and altering a vertical photo produces the Tallpec. Harry Palmer’s photography has been collected and exhibited internationally. A 2003 Canada Post stamp features his portrait of the distinguished Canadian writer Anne Hébert. For more information on how to purchase this book, visit the Tallpec website.
/ ?$ l  R! c& D' K: y 9 l% y" \2 E# a) [% \
7 j: k  x- j5 r3 s9 J
Fast Facts , f' u. Z' {6 _* K% u# r: ]" _( J

/ H( j' m' i0 `/ C, H# p$ }5 R5 P1908 – The University of Alberta holds its first classes, with 45 students registered.5 {  X: P4 X/ N- Z; F

5 A! F7 J) p! ?3 n% u5 u1932 – Grade six subjects include: memory work, accuracy, agriculture, physiology and household or manual arts.  Students are also graded on “attitude towards school work.”
1 m# E: _- C9 K
/ z0 O7 J" P! r+ r! ^/ u' H) ?0 b7 g' C" X1 {) f# F0 A8 Q; J
3 W; K- x* S7 I- k. x0 D

" t+ R  j' S( A; H8 O/ O! L* y4 y- |! ]" x, ?" {6 j% e4 L& l$ t

7 a; ]" A& J! G
9 f( D( U1 _5 ]( h" a
3 V% x% Q+ G2 Z0 d# _' W: e+ m' }+ J% n+ h

, [+ o) P1 S+ \& f' b: tA Cornerstone of Alberta’s History                                                                                                                        - r9 _. z$ b/ P; I, s/ o, z+ p
In rural Alberta, chores were part of daily life for children in the early part of the twentieth century. At seven years of age, a child was considered old enough to milk the cows. Other chores included: watering the horses and cattle, mucking out the barn, and filling the mangers with hay and chop. Urban children also had chores including: splitting wood, hoeing potatoes, weeding the garden and watering the lawn.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-25 23:30 , Processed in 0.132141 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.