老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
有用,收藏。谢谢楼主!
鲜花(15) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-26 12:01 | 显示全部楼层
好帖子!等着看下文。
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-26 21:36 | 显示全部楼层
关于学校交友和家庭交流
& D" @0 q8 _6 j! F9 `; L在加国初、高中学生吸毒,打架,发生性关系的现象比较多,由于隐私和人权,老师管理上困难。好学校的好处之一,学生们素资比较高,都主重学习,所以校园里不太好的现象少。 在进入高中后,我们提醒他,不能谈女朋友,因为他们的学习紧张,心理也不稳定,他也见到同学中的例子,因谈对象成绩很快下滑。但他在高中三年中结交了四、五个非常好男、女的朋友,他们称为“五人帮”,他们几个人互相帮助,共同学习,提高,经常聚会,后来我们家长也成为了朋友。
( L  s, _1 U! ^% m& s   在家里,我们比较注意和小孩的交流,每天晚餐时间是我们一家三口的交流时间,这个习惯我们一直从他很小就开始,并保持到现在,他和我们介绍学校的事和他的一些情况,我们家里的事也让他知道,我认为这是非常好的方法去了解孩子,当他遇上困难和思想有波动,可以及时发现,帮他分析和解决,所以他也愿意和我们交流。
鲜花(13) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2009-7-26 21:49 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
可以看出LZ用心去培养孩子。辛运的是你家孩子很听话,能按照你的安排去实践。总的说,你家大人和孩子同心努力,努力得到回报,可喜可贺!FULL IB学生很辛苦。我孩子向我介绍过他同学的情况。我不忍心给他加负担,而且也很放任他。这一点,我和你差距很大。
老柳教车
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-27 17:16 | 显示全部楼层
版主加精,看客们顶呀,不然没激情往下写了!!!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 18:38 | 显示全部楼层
好, 支持!!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 20:24 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
确实很受用,也激励着自己好好学习
鲜花(20) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 20:57 | 显示全部楼层
真不简单!家长太用心了,孩子也争气。我们也很受启发。谢谢分享。
鲜花(4) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 21:07 | 显示全部楼层
请问,你的孩子在哪个高中上的
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 21:14 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
好文章。能讲讲SAT考试吗?
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-27 21:54 | 显示全部楼层
39# martins / r# I1 w# d6 q5 I1 f! W. D, u" T
, J3 C  k0 C( H7 l/ C9 ~; p
Old Scona.
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-27 21:56 | 显示全部楼层
40# 梧桐树1 & x0 U* l! P) o6 q' s
4 q2 \% H. F6 i* o- N  H/ N" X
谢谢你!我会在后面讲到的。
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 22:04 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
给你发了短消息,请查收
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-27 22:06 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
忘了说是给LZ发的短消息,请查收
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-27 22:07 | 显示全部楼层
38# rainbowfish
$ `, w( ~( Z0 ]% M. A2 }4 Q2 H: N7 G$ A( i% A
我和他妈妈并没有每天花很多的时间去给他讲如何做人,如何学习和做题,但是我们持之以恒,根据不同的科,抓基础和难点。
鲜花(4) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 10:43 | 显示全部楼层
这么成功的榜样!羡慕和学习中, 请LZ继续!
大型搬家
鲜花(12) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 11:22 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
感觉交友这点很重要。以后一定要注意。
. \7 E4 p! j5 S0 n
) c% H+ J# |/ a7 b 33# 兔子皇
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 11:22 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 victoriapark 于 2009-7-28 12:28 编辑 " b# C' o8 @1 s+ n5 L
39# martins
! |" d3 b4 b$ P( F
! C7 h) z( i" x0 g4 [2 I+ qOld Scona.
( u, [: l# A* V8 l5 R" |, S4 \兔子皇 发表于 2009-7-27 22:54

7 U; s0 x) O1 Q$ V. c6 J  v- R好像Old Scona不咋的. 只重视书本知识的灌输,学业负担过重,学校太小教室拥挤,课外活动不方便,传说中学生都是nerds.......
; Y7 I7 C; K. Y2 B  o. D: q) Y放把火, 赶快闪人.
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 11:44 | 显示全部楼层
48# victoriapark 99/ l" j" j& r$ [1 k6 H0 t/ t) }
8 r: e' Q& U  R0 Z
99 out of 100 excellent students originated from China in Edmonton will go to Old Scona. For those who could not be accepted, I feel sorry for them.
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-28 18:39 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
48# victoriapark 1 T. [; }" X, I2 P$ n3 m. c& B( G1 B

# ~! J1 J- s$ i8 f1 H% k7 w, S) }3 W我本来不想在现在告诉一些具体的信息,避免大家在此发生口角。因为仁者见仁,智者见智。但你评价了这个学校,我用一个学生在他学校毕业典礼上的发言回复你。
鲜花(34) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 18:55 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢楼主分享。能告诉他最终选定去哪所大学吗?
鲜花(289) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2009-7-28 19:05 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
好学校好,好班更好
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-7-28 19:07 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, Chancellor Hughes  , staff, parents, family and fellow students.   , O& f  a, x. l9 Z8 L' w' G2 ?
In April of 2006, every single one of us received a phone-call from Dr. Yaniw. And toward his invitation to come to OSA, all of us said “yes “ Some of us said “yes” because Old Scona had a strong academic reputation, others because they wanted a close-knit school community. And still, there were some, like Bonnie, who came to OSA after being bribed   with ice cream by her parents.
8 {4 O% C  U& A6 ~0 f' @There is a great phenomenon that exists at Old Scona. Throughout our three years of school, all of us have complained that “there are too many exams, too many courses and too little free time”. Yet all of us would have answered “yes” to that phone-call a second time.
1 y* Y# o2 `. D6 QSo today , in the tradition of forming debate arguments, I would like to propose four contentions as to why this journey has been worth taking.
* D; C8 f% S5 a, X* ]•        The rigor of academic material
5 b1 _1 ?* _6 k5 h0 S+ c0 J& D' J' OAt Old Scona, we had access to an academic education that was deep in both breadth and depth. We have learned more because our teachers thought we can handle more. We had also learned more through discussions with our peers, if you’ve ever talked to Thomas, you’ll know what I mean  . ! L0 M. V5 e2 }& n
I once had a conversation with a friend of mine who had challenged the value of an academic education. The argument goes two-fold, “either A, what you are learning is useless for your job in the future or b, on the rare occasion it is useful, you won’t have a chance-on earth of remembering it”.
2 d" e3 y% |0 G* l- j•        Work ethic
! N8 E  r. n2 Z3 D' u' xI must confess that the first time I had doubted my decision to come to OSA was on the first day of school – I was walking across the soccer field, filled with excitement about the school year ahead when I saw the words “youth prison” grafittied across the western wall, that some juvenile delinquent off whyte avenue had placed there. If we were writing a commentary for Miss Tuba, the technique we should discuss is called “foreshadowing”., z' g5 U/ m1 D& j* H# ]( p
All jokes aside we cannot deny that the development of a strong work ethic as a result of 3 years of practice will prove to be a priceless advantage to all of us in the future.
& E7 P2 q1 D  Q  We have come to understand   that no matter how talented one may be, talent alone cannot get us anywhere. And thus, we embraced hard-work, believing that we can achieve anything if we set our mind to it.
) Y. }# K, b4 j' |This is the belief that drives some of us to wake up at 5 AM to catch a bus to school. This is the belief that makes us come back again and again to conquer that English essay. This is the belief that motivates us to choose math homework over a hockey game. This is the belief that keeps us going during those frustrating late-night studying sessions.
' C, |) C1 a4 z' j+ I4 L' ^It doesn’t matter that we may have fallen short of some of our expectations. It matters that we tried, because in the words of the Greek philosopher, Aristotle, “we are what we repeatedly do, excellence then, is not an act, but a habit”.   
& I3 l$ i' l1 G3 b* g0 M* E•        Friends and Family
% t4 n; _0 r2 J4 W6 o" v) JMy third contention is about the relationships we have built.
1 _2 I  |% J; ]2 eI remember during IB exams a few weeks ago, which we wrote at the University of Alberta, Mr. Adams came into the exam room with about 5 back packs and yelled, “guys, this isn’t Old Scona, these will get stolen!”
' M) Y! q, W$ V) PI am pretty sure OSA is one of the few schools on this planet in which one feels comfortable leaving a laptop computer sitting in the hallway unguarded. 9 w# ?; B  j: A# x! A4 L& r
The unconditional trust in the integrity of all of our fellow students has been the foundation of the friendships we have built.
% ?1 r& C: ]7 H; e& x  TI’m not talking so much about the friends with whom you hang out at the movies, but more so about the friend who you can call at 2 AM in the morning. # c; x( ]% h: y, b1 M+ R% L
I think our favorite memories of high school will reside in the hallways of Old Scona. . j+ x: r5 D$ ]; F9 I7 B
  It is there… that every day, before school and during lunch, we see groups of friends congregating in small circles or large clusters. We go there to prepare for the next social essay. We go there to compare answers after a biology test. And sometimes, we simply go there to appreciate the joys of each other’s company. We treasure those moments for they showed Old Scona at its very best.  
; J, E# i$ r. \0 E" ^; e2 P) g) CHigh School has also been a time when we’ve built stronger relationships with our parents. / h; D  `0 ?& R& c& T% C: I- [4 b
Today, we celebrate the unconditional love and support which our parents and our families have shown. ( r: E. l, @- Z
That love is shown in the parents who drove across snow storms to get us to school. That love is shown in the parent who prepared a special meal to comfort us when we received a bad mark. That love is shown in the parent who scolded us for procrastinating. That love is shown, for they wanted us to realize the full extent of our potential.  
) C9 h( V' u) i4 B( DThat love is shown in the smile of our parents on our first day of Kindergarten. That love is shown in the parents who moved across half the world so that their children would have a better future. That love is shown in the parent who made unconditional sacrifices for our happiness. % q7 L. N0 y  n$ n5 l3 g( ]" J: [$ a
So today, even though words are not enough we thank our parents for having taken this journey with us, and for having reminded us, that no matter what happens, we are not alone. ) H8 f* O/ Z+ C2 S
Service) b) ?+ `: Y1 b& x
The last contention is about service. 1 h4 x6 a! }$ `& ]/ D# S& n. U
In September of 2008, Old Scona Academic High School celebrated its centennial, a milestone which the class of 2009 is proud to have been a part of. Mr. William Kent, who is with us here today, was born in the year that the cornerstone of Strathcona Collegiate Institute was laid. In a message to the Grade Twelves, he recalled an important quote he had read in his school days, “It isn’t how much money you have got. It is how you came into possession of it, and what use you are making of it, that counts with the world today.”
  m2 x  J# i7 J. W: E8 SHow have we learned about service? The lessons have been imparted to us by example, through the lives of our teachers. We see those examples of service when Mr. Lytviak stays an extra hour to do math help, when Ms. Bain and Ms. Tuba mark essays late into the night or when Mr. Ransom and Mr. Peters sacrifice their Saturdays for debate tournaments. We are reminded of service when Madame Shanahan came to school each day with a bright smile and a host of jokes, even while recovering from cancer, and in our Grade 11 year, when Mrs. Burke devoted many hours to ensuring the success of the annual concerts and drama productions, never once letting on that her husband was dying from cancer. ' P  w7 }8 q* `0 T9 C- r
We look to these examples of service, whether great or small, to the highest sense of the word. They reflect a keen awareness of one’s responsibility to society – the kind of service to which we aspire.
% o/ C5 F4 e0 qSo yes, the class of 2009 reaffirms today that this journey has been well-taken and has been well worth taking. On that day in April when we responded yes to Dr. Yaniw’s invitation, we had also responded yes to trials and to triumphs, to knowledge and critical thought, to hard-work and its rewards, to life long friendships and to the memories we keep. + k4 W0 [* \( u+ ^
So we start a new phase of our lives confident in all that we have learned, both inside and outside of the classroom. We have the power to change the world not only because of our talents but because of our character, and today, we thank the institution that has prepared us well.
0 i8 P5 G- E6 I. \& q0 fWe shall remember that the spirit of Old Scona will be a part of us forever, “for what was given here, we shall keep”.
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 21:12 | 显示全部楼层
需要什么样的情况(条件)能上 OLD SCONA呢
鲜花(13) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2009-7-28 22:08 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Old Scona!我的一个朋友因为送她孩子去这所学校后悔了好几年。当年给我孩子选学校去过Old Scona考查,感觉学生精神状况确实不太好!
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 22:35 | 显示全部楼层
55# seeker
& f+ Y% A0 n4 i6 p' y
! u- M* @! n" p' p4 \( F7 I* e) [# o6 C
能不能讲具体点呢?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 22:48 | 显示全部楼层
收藏。。。n多要学习的地方。。。
鲜花(22) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 23:15 | 显示全部楼层
53# 兔子皇
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 23:40 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
55# seeker . l7 v6 m2 |! b' I0 E- f
3 r0 q9 E7 l5 ]2 o
To Seeker,  }& t/ f# J1 }, D; H: |
愿闻其详!
鲜花(8) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-7-28 23:42 | 显示全部楼层
1# 兔子皇
: J, `( b( m8 T4 s6 t* y
2 K, \2 D. Y6 w) S- @7 K& `" f$ b
7 Z- x4 O1 W! z* e) \$ }3 A# p1 U& kThank you for sharing!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-6 11:13 , Processed in 0.210441 second(s), 46 queries , Gzip On, APC On.