查看: 3023|回复: 3

[电工杂谈] English at the work place

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-3-17 21:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 jack_lai 于 2010-3-17 23:12 编辑
/ h/ T" H: K0 x( j/ T
5 U8 w! C. v/ d9 C0 b! j  ^7 l+ `Today, at the morning safety meeting, foreman talked about one thing that I can’t understand well, so I took the his paper and read it over,(now I make a copy hear); t1 n" O3 L" @: h

0 z: M# D% C( c* K- L6 \0 d: p$ M# p‘Remember that today at 11:20 am, the Evacuation Drill will commence with the Time Alley buzzers sounding (followed by a broadcast over the radios). All employees in the RHC will shut down their work and safely proceed to the identified Muster Point. All PCL office employees are required to muster at their designated assemble points.
* k9 }* C4 C2 z. F% ZAssemble with your supervisor, foreman and crew members. A head count will not be required for this drill. Once the area personnel have arrived the head count coordinator will explain the steps that would normally follow in the event of a real evacuation. When that is completed the “All Clear” will be stated by the headcount coordinator and you will be asked to return to work locations or lunch rooms. “0 o7 H8 C* U* D/ l; w

$ X7 F' S! g7 q& r" gwith a dictionary I can understood.+ o- O  l1 v* R4 k
Drill means : (military) the training of soldiers to march (as in ceremonial parades) or to perform the manual of arms ( n, v ) 操练, 训练,
3 e6 Q7 v& E4 [# F" U! v$ E% L- k' \Muster means: to gather a group of solders into one place in order to fight an enemy ( n, v ) 召集, 集结
$ W: v4 d- c. b  x9 g! D7 j9 T- c9 n$ P7 |8 j. O6 R
What we did are:
0 h+ C1 c+ I% m" G; wIn the morning safety meeting, the foreman said: “ during the drill, the place we will go is Muster Point B….”
+ a( {# t# P9 […..
4 q% W/ k% L) D* w, w& ~8 WAt 11: 23 pm,  A alarm sounded and every employee, working at the construction area, could here it.0 ?" g8 f$ ^$ \& M
Once the alarm sounding, Every employee went to the Muster Point B. It is outside of the lunch room.
. l2 g8 M- h' a….& N' o* g, J( o( I7 x: s6 m
One guy, I guessed he was headcount coordinator, holding a intercom speaker on the side of road, said to the people who was passing by: “ find your foreman,…”( V& b' d5 Z7 m6 v( h8 ?* {
……..9 C  p8 d; {% ^, l6 m
I found my foreman…..  He counted the people in our crew and reported the number of our crew to a white headgear guy. 2 b. a; t- y& ?, Z7 X9 a
“We are eleven. It is ok…”
2 A& D% I+ P1 R5 j9 T& s7 e% a…….7 T$ l7 E& {2 }$ e4 j
After about 10 minutes, a headcount coordinator spoke to us, a bunch of words….  That would be “steps that would normally follow in the event of a real evacuation.” - P! @5 H. k  _2 F* D( p
…….1 I0 ?7 c6 c* W& T
“ can you remember what he said ?” I asked a white guy.
( m. m6 y+ d" J“No.” he answered.- t/ M- J: U1 |& H$ t
….+ @, u0 k! [/ M2 g) q; ~
Finally the coordinator gave the “All Clear” , that was "go to the lunch room."
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-3-19 06:49 | 显示全部楼层
Nice
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-4-23 19:11 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-7-4 14:35 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
磨马门
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-11 13:00 , Processed in 0.167992 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On, APC On.