查看: 11924|回复: 43

[电工杂谈] KEVIN LEVY写给全体华人电工的公开信

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 18:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 无线马达 于 2010-5-16 12:04 编辑 " t' f' t$ n0 f
. f. h0 u  j/ Y: K+ u
An Open Letter to the Chinese Electrical Workers Association - \  {0 j3 q1 ~; R' b+ z' U: C
from Kevin Levy
5 g: \+ _; b# p; u8 M6 z' W
. l; M, L1 g/ ^, ]: N9 a+ }: mFirst, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to express my views on your Website; I was very pleased to receive this invitation and I will do my best to explain my election platform in a straightforward honest manor, so that there can be no ability to twist my words to support some of the ugly rumors that have started since the Election campaign began.
% B5 X8 A6 o# ?4 Z
) X3 ?, Z+ A* ?# Q. nI believe that every qualified electrician should have the opportunity to become a member of the IBEW regardless of their nationality, or country of origin and I will work tirelessly to try and convince these electricians to join our union.  / o3 P% x6 y- a. j; z' |
" ]2 @2 X' Z; Q+ s2 j# z
Since 2007 I have been out in the field working side by side with many of our Chinese members. I have found most of the Chinese Electricians that I have worked with to be hard working conscientious individuals who are eager to learn and to excel in our trade. But unfortunately since returning to the field I have also come across an increasing number of individuals who have no business calling themselves Electricians. Some of these fraudulent electricians have been Chinese and some have not and their nationality should not matter, what does matter is that these individual’s lack of knowledge and skill make them a hazard to themselves and everyone who is required to work around them. ' S( B/ `. D- I; o- n4 u9 o0 D
3 d, e2 ~& V6 b3 E
Our Union first became aware of the problem of fraudulent Electricians of questionable background gaining membership in our Union as early as 2004 and at this time almost none of these fraudulent Electricians were of Chinese decent, but our Union decided to ignore the situation. This problem was brought up as a concern that our Union should be dealing with at almost every staff meeting that I was involved in from 2004 until I resigned my position with the Local Union in 2007 but our current Business Manager felt that getting more members was more important than the health of our Local Union. In 2008 our Local Union Executive Board basically forced our current Business Manager into dealing with the problem of screening new applicants and the testing booth was opened. Please remember that I’m currently working in the field and have not been dealing with this situation on a daily basis, but I’m told that your association had major concerns with the way this testing booth was being run. I would be very interested in having a member of your association explain to me what these problems were, as it seemed like such a simple solution. I don’t agree with the System our Union has implemented now. Leaving it completely up to your field supervisor to evaluate an individual’s performance seems far too arbitrary to me. As far as I understand the process the field supervisor is not given any additional training to conduct this assessment, and he is not given a strict criteria of what to base his evaluation on. Basically the way it has been explained to the membership is; if the supervisor likes you he gives you a good evaluation and you are in, if he doesn’t like you, he gives you a bad evaluation and you go to the testing booth. I just don’t see how this can be considered fair.
( U- P; `/ A  X6 U+ |& e& @0 D5 p* M  ]& v( V
When elected I will immediately implement a system of screening new applicants that will ensure that only qualified electricians are admitted into our membership as Journeymen Electricians. I will ensure that this system will apply equally to all applicants for membership regardless of their nationality, or Country of origin and will also ensure that the only thing we are trying to determine in this screening process is the applicants ability to pick-up the tools of our trade and safely and competently complete the job assignments they are given. If you have checked out my Website www.kevinlevy4424.ca you will also know that I’m fully committed to consulting with and implementing the memberships wishes and this commitment applies just as much to our Chinese members as it does to any other member, so I look forward to working with our Chinese members to ensure that this new screening process is fair and reasonable and takes into consideration any special cultural needs that are identified. * T: @% l" K' x  x

% B/ r' q& S/ L8 @; Z- iI have already acknowledged that not all fraudulent electricians that have gained membership in our Union are of Chinese decent, but because the Chinese worker must still be considered a visible minority on Alberta Construction sites, it is far to easy for some of our membership to stereotype all Chinese members as having inferior skills and I fear that is what is happening today on our Jobsites. Our Local Union has in its membership Chinese electricians who have been members for many years and have previously proven to the rest of membership that they are exceptionally qualified electricians. These members have reported to me that since 2004 when the problem of fraudulent electricians started appearing on our jobsites that their skills in the trade are also being questioned and looked upon with suspicion when they are dispatched to a new job. This is why I believe that the Chinese community must support and take an active role in implementing a new screening system which will ensure that only qualified Journeymen are admitted into our Local Union. I believe that our membership is basically good and will be accepting of any new member, regardless of what country they were born in, but this is not likely to happen until the membership has gained confidence in our new screening process and know that only qualified Journeymen are being recommended for membership. Only then will most of the above stereotyping will be eliminated, and as Business Manager I will then be able to firmly deal with the members who are objecting just because of the members nationality, or country of origin.
* W  B6 X- G  q
/ m4 s: e# `3 B' \. U+ B$ f. V* P& XThere is also an ugly rumor being circulated that when I’m elected that I will begin throwing all the Chinese Electricians out of our Union, this rumor is entirely untrue. Our IBEW constitution guarantees all members the same rights, these are not selective rights, they are rights granted to every member and these rights are granted to every member as soon as they take the oath of membership. So unless the member is found guilty of a major violation of section XXV of the IBEW Constitution, they should have no fear of being thrown out of our Union6 m, Z1 K, G/ y1 @$ }/ P& Q6 H
! B. Q6 f; Y/ s" n9 b1 y! Y
I believe the fraudulent electricians who have already gained membership in our Union will have no choice but to upgrade their skills once the Mega projects we are currently building come to an end. On these Mega projects our contractor’s scope of work is so large that they have the ability to absorb these unskilled workers and find productive roles for them to perform on the project. But on smaller hard dollar bids our contractors will require tradesmen who are qualified in all aspects of our trade and their just won’t be room on their payrolls for workers who can not compete in this environment. When this starts happening our Union will be ready with a variety of resources for these workers to get the help and upgrading that they will need.  
; S( w. h3 c1 ]- a0 m! E, N, F7 J  r
4 d, E% w3 i/ U9 S8 ]I know this letter only deals with the qualification and admittance of new members and that your members have many more issues they would like answered. If permitted I would be more than willing to share my views with you on those issues as well, or any member can always e-mail their questions to me at kevin@kevinlevy4424.ca and I will try to answer them one at a time.
' x) b3 w6 V6 q  p0 \* D# h7 q% ]) c; V, b6 s8 c- O7 I/ H" l
In closing I would like to congratulate the Chinese Electrical Workers Association for the accomplishments they have already achieved. Unions were formed to provide workers who share common interests and goals the ability to join together and as one voice improve the situation for all of its members. In many ways your association has done a better job at this than our Union has. Recently one of your members forwarded to me Mr. Zhou’s endorsement of Tim Brower for Business Manager and I would accept this decision if not for the lies that were told about me.
: \6 G5 Q' K0 V3 e
( I) W, _* W8 X2 n/ G" K. ~/ ^9 E/ HFOR THE RECORD:
( O& u2 ?/ @! P2 U
6 F9 a# E* ^6 c) o9 g9 C/ pWhen I met with Mr. Zhou I told him that I would meet with him after the campaign started and detail my platform to him and answer any questions he might have. Two weeks before the campaign started he E-mailed me asking me to detail my platform to him, but he did not share with me that he had just accepted employment working for my competition. I E-mailed him back saying that I thought this was very unprofessional of him and that he could find out about my platform once I made it public, but I was not prepared to let my competition preview my platform prior to making it public. 0 ]7 X1 x; F& R* C5 |
2 ?6 A0 @) z2 {
I know nothing of the in fighting that might be occurring within your association. I have not, nor do I know of anyone who has used 10 IP addresses to post on your website. I have never made a post on your website and this post will be made by one of your members that until a week ago I did not know, until he E-mailed me and invited me to make this submission. I challenge Mr. Zhou to explain to me what false rumors I have spread about him, or your association, because I have not done so.
) B# M6 ~- E4 {/ F7 m
# n' {# r8 Q& VI work for Bantrel at Scotford as their Instrument Loop Tracker, I’m not even in the Electrical department any more, so how could I have anything to do with the 80 lay-offs, firings etc. This is just a lie and an attempt to slander my reputation; I feel Mr. Zhou owes me an apology for this accusation. Over half the workers on that site are wearing my campaign stickers, but that doesn’t mean that they speak for me, or that they consult me before making their decisions. If these lay-offs and terminations were unjust why isn’t Mr. Zhou and the rest of the paid staff of our Local Union doing something about it
- {( [0 ~2 m$ X2 d6 T1 U% @, \2 Y* t
5 d& ?* t6 g" m  ?I had nothing to do with the members voting down 57 new members at the April Union meeting, this is just another lie. I often council members against such actions as I don’t believe it benefits anyone. I believe this action by the members was just an indication of the frustration the membership is feeling at the present administration for their inability to deal with the issues I spoke about in this open letter to your association and in all likelihood this activity will continue until we make the changes necessary to give our membership confidence that every member that is recommended for membership is fully qualified to perform at a Journeymen level.   
+ j  \" ~  b6 K/ }1 W* n5 }  k2 o, Y$ }
I feel that ridiculing the “white voter turnout” is a very bad choice by Mr. Zhou; this letter has already been widely circulated amongst our membership and has created much animosity amongst those who have read it. It seems that Mr. Zhou has already adopted his new boss’s strategy of pitting member against member, in order to deflect attention away from their own weaknesses. This should not go unchallenged, as it should be our leadership’s top priority to bring our membership together, not try to divide them.9 c5 s. R& b+ N+ Q/ |
/ r: `! }+ Z: _9 i  i
I’m not a vindictive man and will be willing to overlook this slander once an apology is made. I feel your association has much to offer both your membership and the membership of our Union. Once elected I hope to build a Union that is so effective at representing all of it’s members needs that your association is no longer needed, except for social functions, but until we reach that point I look forward to working with your membership to make our Union the Union we can all be proud of belonging to. $ T+ ]$ Y& v8 T- B( Y2 h
' Z$ t+ i6 p& [
Yours in Solidarity& }6 t4 M4 v) u- g! {- b  Q6 b
Kevin Levy
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-15 18:49 | 显示全部楼层
考虑到篇幅很长,有的朋友可能读得很吃力。我正考虑把这封信翻译成中文。请给我一点时间。
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 19:13 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 AASTAR 于 2010-5-15 20:22 编辑 % q* W  ~* \) u
& j( i# X2 z+ u+ C6 y* V. b9 Q7 A
我非常高兴的看到K的观点,所以我把它加亮。(虽然还是牵涉到真假电工的问题)
6 _" l, v' v9 |. l" P( Y
9 o) l' f# l/ F; _1 v/ F至于下半片,对老周的攻击,大家就当看笑话吧。这中间都是政客的伎俩,你要相信,那你就太善良了。K不攻击老周他就没有机会了。: f0 P* E+ M" A7 A
/ r% E! b2 ?2 ~8 F# K3 g- `
maybe我应该和K/T都约谈一次。
鲜花(4) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 20:04 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
你好,上班很忙
鲜花(4) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 20:05 | 显示全部楼层

! @) K7 P8 b2 p3 J" e0 G4 L- ^( f你当了版主.
大型搬家
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 20:12 | 显示全部楼层
看来K 确实是要对中国人下手了,千万别让他当选
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 20:54 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
3# AASTAR
% p# V$ `- c8 x4 S2 B  v
* `0 Y8 X6 l/ T* J1 r: @1 Z
+ A: O1 v* l+ e' r( k这个美女大头版主,你不是424会员,你也不是unionized的CONTRACOR,你都懒的理工会,多年和工会打交涉的经验让我你而远之,为何这次这么热心?还想与K和T都面谈,你能谈什么?跟你有什么关系?
' Z- `8 Q- t% u7 a$ H别说你不是会员,就算你是会员,你可以有自己的支持对象,但做为版主,封杀不同意见贴子,公开宣称支持Tim,搞一言堂也不好吧?
0 y  P+ M$ `' R" r8 i" _别把自己当个救世主一样,说什么“我本不愿意卷入是非,但是现在我不站出来,谁站?”明白告诉你,这世界缺谁地球也照样转。还说“我本来想直接封了KEVIN的信,因为我要求先看一下这份信再发。”你以为你是谁?好大的官威,是不是每个人发个贴子都要你先过目?省省吧/ q! b" E6 H( A
你好象才从魁北克过来,当版主是兄弟们的抬举,多学学侠客行版主,多谈谈技术吧
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 21:21 | 显示全部楼层
maybe我应该和K/T都约谈一次。- W) Q8 s/ x. U  x6 c+ \
AASTAR 发表于 2010-5-15 20:13
6 d. [7 M5 J  o5 Z2 @7 W
好主意!到时候请老兄给大家传达一下您与K和T约谈的内容和结果,以供研习谋算方略之法。
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 21:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 AASTAR 于 2010-5-15 22:42 编辑
2 J1 |( ~7 w8 Z( K) x1 }+ s2 A' @) M" U" n! ?1 w7 P
我好像到现在没有删过帖子(除了有次双方互相对骂互相投诉最后都同意删贴,还有一个重复发的帖子)。K的来信我照样加亮。但是我解释过了,为什么不讨论真假电工的问题,请你遵守。这里有规定。(我只是暂时屏蔽了2个回复,让贾电工又记我一笔账)
; H/ {; X. I- O; Q0 O4 ?& f7 |8 F) |4 f
我没有要过目每个帖子,请你看好。我给xuanfang发短消息要看这份信是我自己的事情,因为他告诉我这封信他很犹豫是否发。我说看信的目的很简单,有引起对骂的部分尽量省掉,否则我们被迫删贴这样不好。我是出于好意,请你自重。(在XF同意的前提下,我可以给你发我们短消息的COPY)
6 X4 s" J0 c4 E) @3 n8 R1 _. }% K# ^/ n( V0 M/ E
我为什么不能和T/K面谈啊?他们发信到这里来,我就不能问他们了吗?我收到许多网友的来信和电话,我为什么不能请他们澄清呢?而且他们愿意的啊,请你仔细看看英文信。 ( s8 g+ \) n$ _
4 B, B, i4 A5 C7 s9 r. n) W
我热心错了吗?难道像您一样要把贾电工往死里整就对了吗?我支持T,我有我的道理,你如果不明白,请详细看好了。或者给我打电话,我给你好好解释。5 L1 `8 r- z2 Z8 t9 @4 @$ M
* h2 K  t* T+ d( B* l3 u
我不支持一言堂,K的来信我照样赞许加亮,你要能说服我,我一样支持K..我是明明白白的做人,希望你也一样。
: n: R; i4 v9 R
0 A& p1 L5 @* l( o: ^4 S/ {7 X我当版主是大家的抬举,您对了。我只是做我份内的事情,我能力有限,请你谅解。有天你做了斑竹,请你也一样。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 21:48 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
也许我错怪你了,但我并没有对贾电工发表什么意见,大家各有各的活法。我无权干涉,我也不想管这些闲事。我只是想知道老周同学的华人电工协会到底做了什么工作?到现在为止,他本人没有在这个网上明确答复过大家的任何问题,明确地说,洒家并不满意。
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 21:53 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 gmhwe 于 2010-5-15 23:15 编辑 ! V8 L: t# ]2 w+ n5 u/ x
( ?' r6 Y( P& A! i
xuanfeng , 我弱弱地问一句?) L, T9 @! g" j! F$ Z+ M

& Y* P2 O; O0 p% @4 Z1 W"......this testing booth was being run. I would be very interested in having a member of your association explain to me what these problems were, as it seemed like such a simple solution. "这是k解决新会员入会的评级简单方法, 是否会延伸到会员?
% l/ C4 m5 v  u. _6 A) _' g
+ b( x: Y* T1 K* t% _1 ^要是真的话就象你的的寓意一样我们会过猪狗不如的生活, 哪一天哪一个工头一不高兴就把可以我们送回动手考试?+ I5 e% f+ |$ X5 _% ^: V

4 [, e, Y* r8 q- `xuanfeng , 你能过动手考试吗?
; O6 b3 c1 g* @* |' V) p0 I  f) [4 [7 _& ^
K说过不会把中国会员踢走, 但是从未说过不降级, 这可能吗?
1 W2 M0 {$ b& q. ~3 M
% Z* X; r" u: i2 XK说 "But on smaller hard dollar bids our contractors will require tradesmen who are qualified in all aspects of our trade and their just won’t be room on their payrolls for workers who can not compete in this environment."因为十分难鉴别什么是小工程, 什么是胜任, 简单地说中国人最后被派工, xuanfeng , 你会例外吗?4 ?1 i& T7 c. t% u* i
2 e/ L+ P: o' q! q# U8 v
K张口毕口地说假电工"fraudulent electricians", 我的手在颤抖啊.
: I$ X8 O2 o, u; i1 c' X( L8 L0 m! q4 n& D- w3 ^
xuanfeng , 你还敢选k吗?
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 22:09 | 显示全部楼层
也许我错怪你了,但我并没有对贾电工发表什么意见,大家各有各的活法。我无权干涉,我也不想管这些闲事。我只是想知道老周同学的华人电工协会到底做了什么工作?到现在为止,他本人没有在这个网上明确答复过大家的任 .../ T8 p9 C& ~9 G
jiadiangong 发表于 2010-5-15 22:48

2 ^: L' B/ s; y; n" c: e5 M9 f+ @
我也对这个协会不满意!请你参见我的其他帖子。http://www.edmontonchina.cn/view ... &extra=page%3D1
* e+ s& A  l% B
8 S2 W& B. Q6 L4 _% \不满意怎么办?我们一起努力去完善他!有人说老周不行,如果有人更好,我第一个站出来把老周赶下台!但是,如果没有比老周更合适的人,我们怎么办呢。结果大家还是回到一盘散沙!
3 u& k- E" _0 |- \/ d3 [8 c- _$ T
5 j2 \, c+ ]3 ]& l2 G这就是K的精明之处,他打老周,摆出一副冠冕堂皇的样子,找理由还不好找!随便找个事情,编个日期。反正你我群众都没有亲眼见到,这样他打老周,就是分化我们,成一盘沙子,然后他上台变,变,变,所有人玩弄掌心,不管真假,都是死!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-15 22:12 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
13# gmhwe
0 s9 h0 X3 y, B* Y4 s
' f: X* a4 n9 f, k/ W9 q" Q. w% T0 H
" R) y" ^9 U& `  h个人观点,仅供参考。
4 x. W, F# N$ _- m- y" z6 _作为一个普通的工人,你可以对身边发生的事情明确的表达出你的态度。但是,作为工会的掌舵人,他的眼光绝对不会停留在这些鸡毛蒜皮的小事上来。他考虑的是大局。是怎么能让工会的这艘大船走的更好。7 w5 z) s, Y6 R4 \, k: y* c
所以,K也好,T也罢。他们谁来掌舵都不会对绝大多数的中国会员电工产生实际的影响。首先,让每个人都去考试,这绝对的不现实。其次,把已经入会的会员电工降级,这是有悖工会章程的。所以,K也说过,他不会把任何会员踢出工会(实际上,他真的没有这个权利)。同时,他也说到。对于那些技术上不太熟练的会员电工,你们必须提高自己的技能。他也只能这么说。) H( Z1 \3 E% E' Z
唯一有影响的就是那些permits。当然,我们也不能否认。即便还是T掌舵,这些permit的日子不见得就好。而且,K一手松一手紧的做法确实影响到了一些真正有经验却又在等待加入工会的人。“洋人”都是很现实的。他们所考虑的是,我不管你是谁,你上来了对我有什么好处?这不像有些国人,天天喊着团结的口号。谋着自己的私利。把利益都拿到台面上来,这样才能作到利益最大化。
# e* y" S  F  u/ F8 E3 w% Q我不知道我的回答是否解开了你心中的疑问。
& K+ h8 N& c8 \9 J, q如果有什么问题,我们可以敞开讨论。当然,那应该是明天的事情了。
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 22:21 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
另外,协会没有专门的对外发言人,这样很多事情才让大家误解,有点被动。虽然很多事情不便说,说了就没有意思了,但是不说,更加被动。这就反映了协会的根基不扎实。如果我们这次选举T没有赢,协会就更加不可能做点实事来巩固发展取信于民。结果下场是可想而知的。
, Z6 Z/ V0 s# ?/ p  e" n8 J8 J# b5 W8 S' s& ^
多谢jiadiangong和xuanfang,我和老周去谈的主要目的是为了澄清你们的问题(也是我的困惑),参见http://www.edmontonchina.cn/view ... &extra=page%3D1的开头部分。感谢你们,是因为你们的批评,才能促使这个协会更快的成长。光靠吹嘘马屁是没有用的。
; e) ~: E" u% x* w2 b( {9 F5 D8 O9 a; p% [% g
我个人感谢你接受我的解释,我错的地方你要告诉我。兄弟
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 22:33 | 显示全部楼层
13# gmhwe   ^& ~. d' ~# Q4 ^# r1 k
3 ~  _# d2 q) Y

7 ?5 t/ Y! K, T7 n! j个人观点,仅供参考。
1 J! ^( W+ _6 ^. L作为一个普通的工人,你可以对身边发生的事情明确的表达出你的态度。但是,作为工会的掌舵人,他的眼光绝对不会停留在这些鸡毛蒜皮的小事上来。他考虑的是大局。是怎么能让工 ...
9 w) f4 x4 Z* Y9 ixuanfeng 发表于 2010-5-15 23:12

1 @$ d  }3 d. @$ s$ m* f* b1 n' ^
核心问题是K上台后如何变呢,未知数太多。T在台上我们可以继续努力工作,加强协会的作用。否则K上台我们又得要经过1-2年才能达到现在水平(可能还不如)。我们说老周不行,就把他赶下台,但是我们在TIM面前积累的影响力还在。但是K上来,老周开掉,谁去建立和K的沟通能,谁能为我们反映情况呢?至少现在没有人。 那么大家你看我我看你,还不都是屠宰的小猪啊?
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 22:41 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 gmhwe 于 2010-5-15 23:45 编辑
( X, \. U( m% C7 @0 N9 P
# H4 E2 }4 C/ }* [+ _! ] 15# xuanfeng
: l# g3 P1 X/ c) |! D4 F3 k+ C' t6 ~, B4 z6 j
xuanfeng, 我被吓怕了,
1 M; l. x3 W3 W- g/ P* S2 O
0 J" u2 r# |; K. M1 D% K5 g 如果你选k, 我可不可以不跟你一起选k啊?
5 L5 `8 O3 J6 ~5 V
0 |" Q2 a6 ]9 {% j! A% ^我没胆量跟你一起赌身家, 性命, 青春.
大型搬家
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 22:46 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
K上台未知数不多, 这封信的意思很明白, 选他你就等死吧, 现在不是选他上台的事,而是一定要阻止他上台' ^, z$ o) B5 n) C1 L- J- ?
8 f; g, K# C, J* [( u9 u
核心问题是K上台后如何变呢,未知数太多。T在台上我们可以继续努力工作,加强协会的作用。否则K上台我们又得要经过1-2年才能达到现在水平(可能还不如)。我们说老周不行,就把他赶下台,但是我们在TIM面前积累的 ...
: X& ~8 E; \9 l5 N3 w, b* _. AAASTAR 发表于 2010-5-15 23:33
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 23:05 | 显示全部楼层
17# AASTAR
% W0 p; l* w) e$ K: W. H
/ y8 ~5 X2 t0 f/ u" A& n"否则K上台我们又得要经过1-2年才能达到现在水平(可能还不如)。"
- m/ e1 T+ C3 I8 |1 c# r% N2 o  U5 g2 f! w/ b: _4 z
不是明显写着k当选后协会解散---- "Once elected I hope to build a Union that is so effective at representing all of it’s members needs that your association is no longer needed,......"
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-15 23:19 | 显示全部楼层
17# AASTAR
$ F( H+ Q  z1 K/ r& m
5 e, k5 Z) }" m, o# J$ B"否则K上台我们又得要经过1-2年才能达到现在水平(可能还不如)。", E$ @. I4 ^# W' h

" H( ~2 o7 O+ J! j: \+ h* |5 N不是明显写着k当选后协会解散---- "Once elected I hope to build a Union that is so effective at representing all of it’ ...
) Q* S, Z$ Y) h) M0 b8 t$ u; W0 s& [( }# _gmhwe 发表于 2010-5-16 00:05

$ L: Y0 J" n/ c, y# N
* A: y, Q/ D7 S2 [, o) v* [兄弟的眼尖啊。谢谢
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 01:11 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 gmhwe 于 2010-5-16 02:34 编辑
+ B1 O3 _: ?& x% A) \) M& o$ J. S
- [! P/ ?4 b; u6 K0 R. i"Recently one of your members forwarded to me Mr. Zhou’s endorsement of Tim Brower for Business Manager and I would accept this decision if not for the lies that were told about me. "
% u5 X, ^' p4 q5 t( C% W
( c; i* t0 R% M. b% q- `! Y6 fk说接受老周支持T选举的决定, 也就是说k从未想过要拉华人电工的票, 如果k当选后大家等着被处置吧. 8 k1 P2 [# \+ Q+ w) h8 C; W

. E( M- Y+ {1 X* V% o4 X% F因为不去拉500多张中国电工的选票是不可思议的, k总可以找到他的代理人, 但是k不去做.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 07:50 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 gmhwe 于 2010-5-16 09:15 编辑 + z# u8 a* J. k: B

) {5 i- t3 c" S 22# gmhwe
, O0 K3 C( [$ A" K5 @; Y* N6 K/ s. [( ]7 G+ T7 o- H: l# t2 |6 a+ F
- W% F9 y" b# w! J3 S( ^
最接近合理的解释是K认为所有的工会的500多个中国电工都是假电工, 不值得去拉票.
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 11:17 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
本帖最后由 无线马达 于 2010-5-16 18:28 编辑
- m. n- h' R8 Y! e2 v& w
5 ^6 z+ }0 G5 v0 a8 X7 r孙子曰:知己知彼,百战不殆。不知彼不知己,每战必败。所以我们应该谢谢Xuanfeng戴着“冒天下之大不韪”的帽子为我们窃来宝贵情报。
  P. t/ v  k& U. F  q$ t3 E, T& W/ t9 {' O9 ]
不过,从跟帖看,大家的注意力和谈论的焦点似乎都不放在分析这封信的内容上,我注意到信中包含的信息量很大。奇怪的是信里面明明谈到了一些大家关心的问题,可好像大家视而不见,有人还在自说自话,有的胡问有的乱答。  唉,学好英文,确实是一件需要长期抓好的革命(注)任务啊。 $ M$ U* r, I; E8 h
9 }0 K* J$ Y2 `0 a
顺便提一下,Kevin的信中没有一个惊叹号,大家注意到了吧?正如我在一篇旧文(后被转到了三味论坛http://www.edmontonchina.cn/view ... 8123&highlight=)里提到的英文的行文好习惯。而我们坛子里,可以看到太多的鸡毛蒜皮的谈论都不停地用惊叹号。# w5 n& i1 d- i4 e$ X
浮躁情绪会导致理智不清晰。这是专家说的。
3 i' A7 Z6 |7 u8 s2 M1 E
7 J- h5 M* p! p6 G, J* l8 X4 C* g" q' {; @( M- O
% @6 ^/ U, n7 o3 E  E( }6 D* a, n
注:革自己命,非他人命也。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 17:02 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
K 若当选,很难再有华人进入工会,因为99% 的华人电工都很难通过评估考试,或者说很难成为QUALIFY 的ELECTRICIAN而进入工会,已进入工会的会员影响会有,但不会太大,有可能到现在为止干活还再给人家递工具的人会面临re-training,或者SUSPENSION等等状况.6 C- C7 M* z& H# O
但是K的理念绝对比T要好,他是在考虑如何经营工会,而T考虑自己的个人私利,所以说作为华人电工,如果你认为自己是合格的,是在500多名华人电工里面排在前100名的,绝对要选K, 若你是在中间水平的,大概100人左右,可以弃权,你若是在后300名不合格之列的,经常被lay off, 干活也不是骨干,整天在华人圈子里混的,到一个新工地第一件事就是找华人的,你要投T,因为T为了自己能继续当选,可以继续采取宽容的政策,最起码对现有的会员不会做太多"过格"的事,而K当选,那些不合格的电工就要面对不好过的日子了.所以想投给谁大家也不必争来争去,要看你自己是个什么水平了.
+ k" K9 a+ z9 L6 e) {4 @还有,这并不是团结不团结的问题,而是每个人的位置不同,看问题的角度也不同,就好像华人电工协会,我个人始终不赞成其运行模式,现在的运行模式绝对像隶属于工会的一个组织,就像k说的,工会已经代表了广大的会员,为什么还会要华人电工协会?我个人绝对赞成工会与华人电工协会脱钩,将来的工会不要与华人电工协会打任何交道,现在的运行模式绝对是一种畸形,T的行为是绝对不会得到多数会员赞同的.
. x$ G& b1 L- @0 T! I所谓的华人电工协会应当独立于工会之外的,现在的情况真是不成体统,或者说被现任的领导绑架了,有损于"华人电工"的这个名字.希望老周将来不要在以"华人电工"的领导来标榜自己,你只可以一个现有工会会员大哥的名义去号召你自己的兄弟,不要擅自将所有的电工都归由你来代表,给自己一点脸面,也给其他不认同你的兄弟一点活动空间,再次感谢了.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 17:50 | 显示全部楼层
kevin感觉是个诚实正直的人,Two weeks before the campaign started he E-mailed me asking me to detail my platform to him, but he did not share with me that he had just accepted employment working for my competition.
6 h2 T, t  ~/ _, a周会长在选举的时刻接受一方的雇佣,同时又与竞争对手一方联系,是何故?为何不能提前与kevin联系?2 o9 W# u' d( i8 X" o" z
拿着Tim的工资,却与Kevin联系,对不住Tim吧,有点吃里扒外好象。如果Tim 事后知道了这件事,难免会对周产生看法,继尔对整体中国电工产生偏见,因为周自称代表所有全加拿大的华工电工。同时“I E-mailed him back saying that I thought this was very unprofessional of him and that he could find out about my platform once I made it public, but I was not prepared to let my competition preview my platform prior to making it public.” Kevin 会认为周是Tim的人,来找他要竞选机密,我要是Kevin,我也不会理老周。浪费了一个很好很好地Kevin与华工电工互动的良机。5 a+ w+ `- W4 k6 Z1 e

& E( a' D+ O$ G# g% t请大家仔细把Kevin的信看完,Kevin 并不应该对permit 的事负责“I work for Bantrel at Scotford as their Instrument Loop Tracker, I’m not even in the Electrical department any more, so how could I have anything to do with the 80 lay-offs, firings etc. ”不管这样的流言发于谁,都对Kevin 不公平。
, T& `/ U8 d7 {$ W7 w1 i
% i9 R4 V! P/ P5 p同时俺认为Kevin 是个能输得起的人。In closing I would like to congratulate the Chinese Electrical Workers Association for the accomplishments they have already achieved. Unions were formed to provide workers who share common interests and goals the ability to join together and as one voice improve the situation for all of its members. In many ways your association has done a better job at this than our Union has. Recently one of your members forwarded to me Mr. Zhou’s endorsement of Tim Brower for Business Manager and I would accept this decision if not for the lies that were told about me.虽然他认为中国电工会选Tim,他还是会平静地接受。
, W. a6 j2 K0 F& M
& J  v# y; }6 v% [" N# f做为会长,是大家的带头人,很傲慢地不答复大家的问题,做事不能出于公心,这样的协会,能有什么前途?我们需要一个公正,公平,公开的协会,而不是一个什么X家帮,如果那样的活,对不起,协会的事那跟我没关系,我是424会员,只对424感兴趣,
  P4 }" |) G& I俺欢迎老周同学的任何答复,希望他本人能解释一下,如果确实是俺误会了对周会长的良苦用心,俺会给老周一个交代,但如果继续呼悠洒家,也不那么容易。
6 [' R+ H4 r; W. ^0 U& H
$ C8 F& o% J& A; p$ r4 }& O希望大家好好考虑,客观公正地对待Tim 与 Kevin,行使您的权利,投与不投,投谁,都是您自己的选择.不要强求别人与您的想法一样,也不要人云亦云,大家都是明白人,会有自己的看法。虽然俺认为选谁都一样,哈伯当不当总理实在关系不大。总体来说这两年的大家普遍情况比2008年强多了,那时俺是真怕,现在好一点。+ B8 W/ O6 A2 h' J! h7 M
俺小时长于乡上,脑筋死,不会说话,各位多担代。
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-16 18:18 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
15# xuanfeng
( s; g# P& B2 c/ n$ f! M9 @) d
- U: q, m; Z' B2 y5 Hxuanfeng, 我被吓怕了, + j8 b9 U* E. G: u

2 a, {! z) I* s7 [# ^: A 如果你选k, 我可不可以不跟你一起选k啊?
$ `4 W# L5 T/ z  P5 @1 S8 E
3 }$ e  T( J$ B5 Z9 b+ [我没胆量跟你一起赌身家, 性命, 青春.% I+ Z( X! K* Y$ L' F. {* m
gmhwe 发表于 2010-5-15 23:41

2 S6 A; x8 C- {6 m) Q6 e选谁不选谁和我一点关系也没有。那是你自己的私事。
! N/ v8 U) q* h; I3 T只到你认为你在做对自己有利的事情。
大型搬家
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 18:52 | 显示全部楼层
K 若当选,很难再有华人进入工会,因为99% 的华人电工都很难通过评估考试,或者说很难成为QUALIFY 的ELECTRICIAN而进入工会,已进入工会的会员影响会有,但不会太大,有可能到现在为止干活还再给人家递工具的人会面临re-tr ...* t1 u/ ~+ w3 e2 s6 o/ l
bfwolf 发表于 2010-5-16 18:02
/ m+ Q1 a  D# t, @) y

, ~9 _; S. `) g工会中真是藏龙卧虎,老兄说得到俺心眼里去了。帮顶了。
老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 19:59 | 显示全部楼层
首先要感谢Xuanfeng,我对您的感激之情若滔滔江水,
/ N( u5 ]0 \* j3 x# v  (掌声响起来,广大电工眼含热泪注视着Xuanfeng)
& J) [0 V) a4 i1 R) d本来我还不知道选谁,现在知道只有选Tim了。
# j6 m& H7 B6 M1 w8 }0 f  M. }# @& [   第二,几位新版主有气势,对于那些蠢话疯话,该删就删。. Y- P* V9 i; w: K0 ^
   最后,大家一定要去投票,这是关系到你我切身利益的大事。
  ~' a  g( D; K5 F% h; n不要以为你自己能幸免,要倒霉,咱们华人电工一起倒霉。
& k+ G7 f0 {; ~/ y( \) I首鼠两端是死路,搏一下才是生路。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 20:12 | 显示全部楼层
good to know
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-16 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 nw123 于 2010-5-16 21:48 编辑
6 }5 x) K2 Y$ [9 m7 b! m% T
% U9 Q. B: I& F) g工会中真是藏龙卧虎,老兄说得到俺心眼里去了。帮顶了。% g. g) f/ ?$ b* d

9 o, K* T# E; K* G% \5 L4 E- v 26# jiadiangong ) [: s, r( M) O, ?

/ H3 `; \7 v  n- J) j8 j"K 若当选,很难再有华人进入工会,因为99% 的华人电工都很难通过评估考试,或者说很难成为QUALIFY 的ELECTRICIAN而进入工会,已进入工会的会员影响会有,但不会太大,有可能到现在为止干活还再给人家递工具的人会面临re-tr ...
2 A+ z. G0 Z" {5 T7 Kbfwolf 发表于 2010-5-16 18:02 "
1 E: r6 K! T8 c" r; _$ k; V& c' V/ i1 U/ ?$ J5 t

8 e; i$ _! j2 E+ C' g1 i
, L/ Q3 O+ r; e' I+ b
" T9 x  U3 I0 t  L" |
: w- Y: P5 p6 Y$ `- h
! {( @0 Y+ u+ |$ L1 e/ R; o  i: K7 S原来你想阻止中国人入会, 太狭隘了, 明显埚里斗代表.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-16 21:29 | 显示全部楼层
"kevin感觉是个诚实正直的人"
- b6 `6 J: ]% R% ]0 b
" _2 d* R3 `6 ]+ d 24# jiadiangong 1 X  v0 g1 b0 ]& t. z- u+ N+ D

4 p) x7 b9 R7 P( P  z9 I, _) \! v, ?  M, ^5 X* V

. X" G% z* R8 f$ L( T0 J6 }7 W" H: X; a2 C
诚实正直的人是我们最大的敌人,   r" z" x# W4 z( U; |% P

" m. }' W9 w, [' S4 \因为中国电工99.9999%都是通过伪造中国工作经历文件骗取政府realseal考试资格, - `4 [) k0 R2 G; r  T

9 G  d' i9 o" ?& U/ i这回k更该政策阻挡中国人入会, 下 ...7 x1 w; l3 K; e' v+ D) x+ P
nw123 发表于 2010-5-16 21:42

& e7 }6 r% R% y. I# Y  E现在在网上发表这些言论的绝对就是“213”9 ~6 A" S6 w4 I
凡是进入工会的中国电工只有动手能力的不同,绝无真假之分。就凭你一个人,你象挑战政府和工会吗?8 U9 i6 c6 S! l$ J# J" p# p' J; z
不同意我观点的人请“举手”
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-12 00:49 , Processed in 0.301328 second(s), 32 queries , Gzip On, APC On.