鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-25 11:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 移民电工 于 2010-5-25 12:11 编辑 5 W1 J, K* R* c1 @' G2 R

( T; m+ R$ K7 B7 f' i  YTim 的第一封致工会华人电工的公开信
) D) `6 V  T$ N4 ^+ N; q% l4 _: z9 [8 y) D+ j$ S7 q5 L( ]8 J# c3 F
To The Chinese Electricians Association of Canada:
5 ^5 `/ S6 N+ {* v. F. F1 i% k+ Y2 }2 l" Z6 _! x
For new Canadians and recent immigrants to Alberta, understanding the process for applying to be a member of IBEW 424 is important.( U6 C- R, H/ G& i, v2 t

6 G; k: f+ f) q' C4 }/ J; OWhile the Government of Alberta is the only body that establishes the qualifications necessary to work as an electrician here, our Union establishes the rules by which we accept new members to our Local Union.
6 i% u, j  Q1 P5 ^2 r) _( h7 Q; q
0 l* g2 i. |2 F% x* S/ a  rWe have been frustrated, as have many Chinese-Canadian electricians, with some of the government’s actions over the past several years. Recent immigrants have had to deal with the Government’s constant changes without explanation and long waiting periods.* u8 l! f; l& K5 W' a1 A

: M; x- p  e2 t4 d% M- F1 iWe continue to work with the CEAC to improve the government process, however I feel that now we have a system that ensures that qualified electricians are being afforded the benefits of union membership.
3 s1 a. q  \, g) a
1 h( A8 B6 S- _Local 424 has implemented a process for all applications accompanied by either a Qualification or Equivalency Certificate. Once the applicant had been dispatched as a permit, an interview is conducted with their IBEW field supervision regarding field performance. With a favorable report, the application is moved forward to membership. If the report back is less favorable it is accompanied by a recommendation to complete the IBEW Practical Skills Evaluation.2 z  A6 l  W; a* A
, t3 o- Z- p8 T  |; H2 Q
This process has been very successful with an over-whelming majority of applicants being forwarded to membership as Journeyman members. Those that were identified as having less than Journeyman level skills have been indentured in the Electrician trade and still brought into membership.
; _  d+ ~3 G* n* U' K) u% R
+ S+ z  D  Q( z* [4 dMy experience with new Canadians is that they are a welcome addition to our Brotherhood and are productive workers on the jobsite. We need to position Local 424 to be the “right choice” for employers and workers alike – now and in the future.     ( a6 v# X. ~, @( e2 H0 i' h4 p2 G3 I

2 e6 o0 q4 b' J2 T2 [I remain committed to the purposes for which the IBEW was instituted over 100 years ago. That is to provide a safe and equitable worksite free from harassment and discrimination. I earnestly invite all qualified electricians to join our ranks. I appreciate your commitment and patience as we navigate through this process and ensure that ALL electricians have access to IBEW representation.$ ^4 n& Y7 m$ z' m( _8 A3 i" m

/ ]% [  G; o) v5 EFraternally,
+ U! v% t# N6 `0 {/ A, ^* V5 S- \- M# d% l, U5 [
Tim Brower
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-30 20:34 | 显示全部楼层

试着翻译了Tim的公开信,加了注解。有不妥之处,请谅。

1# 移民电工
) y* x9 v% c+ b+ u, B) C" r致加拿大中国电工协会:
3 o; W9 n# \, W2 v: ~* T % Q2 K/ V  ]& _9 q+ O; _- L
对刚成为加拿大公民和新到ALBERTA移民,了解申请成为IBEW 424 的成员的过程是十分重要的。. E- m% D7 }1 I9 {" k: ]

3 T2 z) N+ u7 j. a' H. b阿尔伯塔政府是唯一的制订从事电工行业必要资格的机构, 而我们的工会(Local424)设立吸收新会员的一些制度。+ e8 n/ ^! \9 e0 a/ g( D% Z8 W
) Z8 J4 ~1 j* ], Y2 J& Z( A0 g
在过去的几年中,因为加拿大中国电工我们已经受困于来之政府的一些行为。 新移民不得不应对这些没有解释的变化和长时间等候(译者注:政府发证和评估)。
* A5 x7 k  b4 B. K+ F
( v% ?5 V+ e+ z我们继续和加拿大中国电工协会工作以提高政府的程序,但是我觉得现在我们有一个系统,以确保合格的电工都被给予工会会员的好处。  
1 I# ?: ?# E7 n$ G, n& F
/ W) h8 n' a2 i$ C" ?6 ?- xLocal 424 已经完成了针对具有证书或等同证书的所有申请的一个程序。 一旦申请人以permit被派往工地,负责工地表现的IBEW主管要对其进行面试。 被面试的申请人获得好的报告, 他将被吸收成工会会员。 如果反馈报告不太好, 根据报告建议完成IBEW的实践技能评估。(译者注:评估报告基本取决于工地直接主管,往往带有偏见。; `8 t* @, G4 M! j
4 n# F% N- p3 M" o5 ^
此评估程序非常成功,绝大多数的申请人已经被转为正式Journeyman会员。那些被确认为低于电工行业要求的技能的申请人也被吸收入工会。(译者注:降为学徒,也直接带来了对被评估电工不公平待遇。)  
+ `$ L& L! ]) o# D: v1 P& M1 s7 J7 }$ C' x# g' `
以我对新移民的经验, 他们是对我们电工兄弟很受欢迎的补充,在工地上是生产效率高的工人。我们需要把local 424置于对雇主和工人是一种正确选择地位, 现在以及将来。1 l3 ]! K: o. b# X& {" f
1 o; X  X6 U$ w8 F% ]
我继续致力于IBEW 成立于一百多年前的目的, 提供一个没有骚扰和歧视,安全和公平的工地。 我恳切邀请所有合格的电工来加入我们的行列。 我感谢您们的关注及耐心,因为我们经历这一过程,并确保所有电工都能享有IBEW的代表性。
  ^; j. E: e8 @2 c2 W9 W9 ?
9 I- Y* u) g5 O7 ^  s0 p4 e/ p致以兄弟情谊,
% @& i9 [# _1 a: M, P
+ x1 g  b7 |' F0 B- B6 u4 a0 ^  p7 x5 CTim Brower
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-5-30 20:51 | 显示全部楼层
TIM能包容我们,KEVIN要把我们赶走。
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2010-5-30 21:46 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
1# 移民电工
# x7 R4 Y& T5 H' J2 F% \致加拿大中国电工协会:
; f; A- V1 ]/ \: `! v# u
8 S' U5 a( p& }# Z" |! m对刚成为加拿大公民和新到ALBERTA移民,了解申请成为IBEW 424 的成员的过程是十分重要的。
$ h* \7 e% Y( n) g& C% `
7 k- |5 k. w) R阿尔伯塔政府是唯一的制订从事电工行业必要资格的机构, 而我们的工会(Loc ...
+ G5 p" f8 U( {- }. CDarren_ED 发表于 2010-5-30 21:34
: Z- r- {9 w0 r# c" \9 D
翻译器?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-11 20:46 , Processed in 0.171611 second(s), 14 queries , Gzip On, APC On.