[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-10-29 07:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Saturday, October 29, 2005) w5 F3 T8 }* P5 v  F; c) V

6 P. p' W, G$ p) }, t
. c3 w+ ~6 z* k - ^! m8 U" y& C/ `. [& X" `8 ~
CREDIT: Ed Kaiser, the Journal
1 v8 I9 V" l% q8 T: c2 UFamily and friends grieve at the funeral of Sara Easton on Friday.
- f9 w! j9 |8 o/ a1 y7 O1 c 9 b# ?) @& D9 D5 j

( h  L& E4 Q1 V' e
. [4 L) X/ V& `0 M
/ N: \; }* k9 t. c4 }. N) Q! n
- r1 d5 \. V# _! U5 I / e  w; A( Y. G- y
EDMONTON -- Sara Easton was an irresistible presence, a young woman full of love and potential, mourners at her funeral heard on Friday.
+ K5 X3 N1 N+ S3 J8 f  a- ]1 @
5 C& u  {. q' z3 D, f# p7 x. @"She's probably up there right now, lighting up heaven with her smile," Father Mike Mireau said at St. Andrew's Roman Catholic Church. Easton, a recent graduate of Archbishop O'Leary high school, was shot dead early last Saturday while walking home with friends from a neighbourhood pub where she was celebrating her 18th birthday.
  t1 D2 H- r! P" Y' Y+ w9 L; A. i( N: v  W; C
Those friends and many more attended the service. The large brick church, at 128th Street and 111th Avenue, was full and some mourners were forced to stand at the back and along the side walls. Easton's sister, Meghan, sobbed as she read a short eulogy. Her godfather, three friends and high school music teacher also paid tribute to Easton.
1 x# z. C; i: B" z0 X0 O( @* ?$ d1 M: W  V+ Y5 p1 ~; E# o7 j
They remembered her as exceptionally cheerful and generous, always thinking of others before herself.7 _8 Q: e) @, A
: P0 g9 F: {5 Q, d
Still, they said, she was full of life and wasn't afraid to speak her mind when necessary.
5 v3 h: }+ E) p* y: i4 p
0 x0 Z. l( R; TShe was a talented artist and tenor saxophone player who loved to travel.
7 q0 N& ]* p/ ]3 _# ?7 N6 Q- Z1 H6 _6 h4 N$ Q+ A
Easton's coffin, adorned with a framed picture and a spray of flowers, sat at the front of the church.
* Z) i4 [% |" @% `6 E0 p1 ?: [: _# c/ W" s4 U2 i+ E
Fittingly for someone who loved music, the ceremony featured a number of songs, including hymns and popular music. As Sarah McLachlan's Angel rose through the air, there were sobs and sniffles in the pews.+ \, a- I) [  e) h: r* Y: L
6 J. [. u; B- `$ Y5 q7 s
The song ends:
9 U3 w$ n' G) Y2 {+ n3 R7 f3 K) P8 S
You're in the arms of the angel/
" f- ?3 F9 {  m: s7 y5 s% G2 {5 N
May you find some comfort here.
/ I" a2 F& i1 u% x7 N( o1 e& p2 F. Q
Easton's random death has baffled and saddened not only her family and friends, but the city, as well.
  D, f, _) ?9 G! M
. d! C! u5 {3 H0 G5 J9 FHer tragedy began when a dark Nissan car approached the group of about 10 friends near 134th Avenue and 124th Street. They exchanged words with the driver and the car sped a half-block away, where it stopped. The driver then fired a handgun out of his window at the group.) C4 ^# D) F6 u( o  m8 h( N4 p
0 }* ^2 N- O* {, `* `4 k0 f2 ^1 z% n" h0 m
Easton was hit in the head. She was pronounced dead at Royal Alexandra Hospital.2 G8 f+ Q; n/ }; E* D4 g& N

$ F7 r! p4 s1 Q3 [) h) m% E( ^The next day, friends set up a large memorial of flowers, pictures and stuffed animals near the spot where she was shot.- n5 l) j3 C3 ?. y) o
" H6 ]6 h% [; G5 M+ `* y6 d- j
William Edward Wharry, 21, has been charged with second-degree murder.
8 d$ z; H$ X1 p  U, ]7 Z. a
; M$ G$ D$ I* i6 l: R8 ~/ p1 N, QAt the end of Friday's service, Easton's coffin was wheeled slowly out of the church. As solemn mourners filed out behind, a small choir sang
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-19 19:01 , Processed in 0.171777 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.