注册
查看: 2534|回复: 7

[亚省新闻] 阿尔伯达新一例疯牛病被确认

[复制链接]
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
发表于 2006-1-23 18:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjo ... 5c5b732&k=82203
3 ^4 C, K, g+ \+ f" BNew BSE case should not affect Canada U.S. trade: officials % v$ o! E' ?. s$ @, m
新一例疯牛病不会影响加美牛肉贸易:官方消息% `* R- a9 b* z- `

- W5 _9 ]( d& _1 MAlberta's Minister of Agriculture, Doug Horner, speaks during a press conference in Edmonton Monday. 1 u" x; q/ _0 |8 `
Photograph by : CP PHOTO/ Jason Scott   
0 \* n8 j9 s8 i7 p7 Z; ] By John Cotter, Canadian Press
; f, C* {% g8 j3 fPublished: January 23, 2006
4 b4 S  o7 N; ]. M- x
! J2 o- H8 G! K2 q, ]# h6 M
0 P& a7 p) t6 Y$ G3 A) t8 JEDMONTON -- A new case of mad cow disease in Alberta was not unexpected and should have no immediate impact on the lucrative cross-border beef trade, Canadian and U.S. officials say.
" j: Z/ b* Z7 B* c) N. H. k5 t爱城-- 据加拿大和美国官方消息,在阿尔伯达发现的新一例疯牛病并不是意外事件,不会对目前良好的国际牛肉贸易造成直接影响。
: X/ L6 y+ w5 c0 S: Z) u- R+ L* U, }
Lab tests confirmed bovine spongiform encephalopathy was found in a six-year-old cow from the north-central region of the province, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency announced Monday. + C% u  k2 _; c+ b  v/ i
加拿大食品监督组织周一宣布说,实验室测试确定在省中北地区的一头六岁的牛体内发现了牛海绵脑病(疯牛病)。
& a& m: a; q2 B" j, n, P% ~$ x/ n
CFIA spokesman Dr. Brian Evans tried to reassure consumers and beef producers that they have nothing to worry about. He said no part of the cow entered the human food or animal feed chain. $ v1 T! ?6 b2 l
食品监督组织的布朗,一万四
9 F* C  H% U0 y3 e博士试图安抚消费者和牛肉畜牧者不需要担心。他说没有任何牛肉部分进入了人类食物或者动物蓄养供应链中。
0 l# T5 l3 a6 j2 t" y5 s) ]' s3 q, G/ Q4 D/ `
"This case, of course, is unwelcome, but it's not unexpected,'' Evans said. 1 I0 E/ o3 s6 M# J
这一病例当然不受人欢迎,但是并非意外事件。一万四说1 ?' ]6 w( }$ z% n  y8 U

9 W  |' O. w2 LIt's the fourth cow in Canada to test positive for BSE since May 2003.
$ L7 O, s. Z" g+ R( d5 Q* V这是自2003年5月测试出的第四例疯牛病
, b* S: m" k$ G0 E% \' F. w* d, Q) |7 [, R) s
"We have always maintained that we could find a small number of additional cases through our active surveillance program, which targets cattle populations most at risk of being infected with BSE.''   r- n" \, p& x9 G$ c% ~
我们一直都认为,通过我们积极的监测系统,以最有可能感染疯牛病的牛群为测试目标,我们会继续测试出少量的病例。
- z% E2 B* o+ K7 w/ I6 X6 x% [+ T& d
The Canadian Cattlemen's Association said animal health experts around the world have expected a few more cases would be found by Canada's stringent testing program, that was improved after the 2003 case. More than 87,000 cattle have been tested since then.
+ H: T" G- f. d; Z! n* ~加拿大牛畜协和说,世界各地的动物健康专家都预计到,通过加拿大2003年案例后改进的严格测试系统,会有少量新出病例。从2003年案例发现起,已经有超过87,000头牛被测试。. D- v% g  X: F/ G' g
& r/ m4 h+ [: @$ ?2 G
Association president Stan Eby said the positive test in the breeding heifer proves the system is working.
; y0 _. L1 b# \% U) o协和主席斯但,一百说,母牛测试证明,系统是管用的; n; [& R! ~+ J5 u7 ?4 @
! T, N3 ?, E) ~# c' A
He said the discovery should not affect shipments of Canadian cattle under 30 months of age to the U.S. That trade resumed last July after a two-year ban. 3 B/ s/ M7 G6 F  D' k6 k
他还说,这一病例的发现不应当影响向美国输出加拿大30月龄下的小牛。美加牛肉贸易在2年禁运后在去年7月从新开放。
: g% d; B% C: c) l. ?; H
3 K" T% z" O: A! ~- t4 B; c"Definitely don't worry about this situation,'' Eby said from his farm in Kincardine, Ont. "I don't foresee a downside in marketing or consumption. The science is with us here.'' . Y) Y- ~6 a2 Y& Q
一百在他安大略的Kincardine农场上说,这个情况肯定不必担心。 我看不到市场和消费上会产生任何负面影响,科学和我们站在一起。
3 d( H: I& P+ |( V$ E$ d$ c- Z
# p( F- o; R  `' l) X
6 {# E7 Z* ~3 Z/ s9 x  xAlthough Evans said it was "notable'' that the cow contracted BSE after a 1997 ban was imposed on giving cows any feed made from cattle, he also said it is not inconsistent with other cases found around the world.
/ C5 a. t( a% g- c2 u" `& Q, x  w$ @& q: J6 S! z
The CFIA said the cow showed progressive symptoms and was destroyed after its owner called a veterinarian. The carcass was sent to a Winnipeg lab for testing. ; `' F% l/ J0 L3 R$ ^2 g3 F

% @4 ?+ S3 A# P! P3 y1 `/ i1 m. QMike Johanns, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, issued a statement saying he does not anticipate any change in the status of beef or live cattle imports from Canada. - i5 j1 I( t0 H. L

2 B6 y/ m& D. G. l7 |) ~"I am confident in the safety of beef and in the safeguards we and our approved beef trading partners have in place to protect our food supply,'' Johanns said in a release out of Washington.
1 q7 \1 M  I1 x" a
3 I! O$ |5 I1 v2 U7 ~The first case of BSE shut world markets to Canadian beef and the resulting mad cow crisis cost producers more than $7 billion.
2 u+ y) B* l  y% K" @
2 K6 x& ~- T8 `4 j2 K2 S* OEvans said the CFIA has launched a comprehensive investigation to determine when the latest infected cow was exposed to BSE and whether any other animals are affected. 0 h: h( c/ g1 M" Q+ @
( z. Z; T8 C" V5 y. }& I
Cattle born on the farm 12 months before and 12 months after the infected animal are being tracked, as well as the cow's most recently born two offspring.
4 B( [* A6 t4 Z/ k  e2 c" h3 V  }; d1 {  T! j
Feed purchases, records and storage methods are also being reviewed. ' s3 Q% M8 f  d, T- O) h

9 Z' W9 ^' `' jEby said he hopes the new case will not delay a decision by Washington to finally reopen the border to cattle over 30 months of age and to beef and dairy breeding animals, which remain banned from the U.S. ' a" a- J. `% p- w3 E/ b
4 c' H2 y+ i* o! j' o
There has been hope the U.S. Agriculture Department could issue a new trading rule as early as this fall on those sectors of the industry. Together they have been losing up to $500 million a year due to the ban. ! d: ?1 u8 p5 ?6 {2 R
3 h5 W+ r: r/ C  Q0 i
Eby said major players in the U.S. beef industry are also eager to see the border fully reopen to Canadian beef. ! D) \. o6 S' p& v

3 c0 X: b4 `- k" `, t9 P"I visited this morning with Jim McAdams, president of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association,'' he said. "They are very supportive of our industry here.'' ) s2 K, m' I$ b/ q

( I# X+ G8 ~' f5 f7 z  C& dHowever, some American ranchers said they were worried about Canada's latest case of mad cow disease.
; x; K: A/ ^  {, P2 v
9 V  X  A6 {' \( I* f: p$ |; |# h7 OIt means Canada still doesn't have a full handle on the BSE situation, said Wade Moser, executive vice-president of the North Dakota Stockmen's Association.
, |* r+ d& K0 ^! T9 m" F/ \  n: V  x: a- @
"They're proposing that cattle over 30 months come into the United States,'' he said. "That is exactly the concern we've got. If that animal had been shipped to the U.S., it would have been a U.S. problem.'' * p- v( j  _  ?4 V4 m* z
& V/ k  N; e& z& o4 ]2 S
Canadian beef recently returned to some supermarket shelves in Tokyo following the lifting of a two-year ban on imports.
3 c# H9 W! l' y& t' g/ ~8 o
+ `- q8 T! Y6 D, A& b4 kJapanese officials agreed to allow beef from North America back into the marketplace _ provided it came from animals under 21 months.
6 m& f  y9 B5 [! @; N/ s2 O, S, }3 e) N% J* O
Entry into Japan is considered key to the long-term recovery plan of Canada's battered beef industry.
" J3 w" ]7 ]  h& e
" \5 y- ~2 N. p/ y2 ECattle officials have pinned their hopes on a growing appetite from Pacific Rim countries to help reduce reliance on the U.S. market.
3 _  I; Z& O3 X/ v
" R/ t1 k9 _8 T4 a. lJapan closed its border to American beef once again just a few days ago after inspectors found cattle backbone in a recent shipment from the United States.
9 R( E+ B: C. o) v$ |
: N0 Z2 L1 k: v1 Y % T( C* C- g) N$ v$ s5 \
) f9 ?) I7 l9 T: |1 l: M3 q
© The Canadian Press 2006+ V+ `& Z- i, F" G# T! x4 O

# ?' k$ }* j& |+ Z[ 本帖最后由 三思 于 2006-1-23 17:54 编辑 ]
鲜花(1394) 鸡蛋(16)
发表于 2006-1-23 19:38 | 显示全部楼层
野火烧不尽,春风吹又生
鲜花(13) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-23 19:44 | 显示全部楼层
牛肉一定要煮的熟熟透透了再吃,否则,就得疯牛病了。5 H; r( N! B# D$ d
4 S4 V0 b3 S; s4 g- Y9 X
一笑话:+ E1 C" F8 M7 u6 N1 J

- }/ v1 y' _$ @  l8 d) R两头牛隔着篱笆在聊天,一头牛说,现在疯牛病很猖狂,听说许多农场的牛都得了病倒下了,咱们可得小心啊。另一头牛说,不必担心,我们很安全,疯牛病不会传染我们鸭子的。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-23 20:18 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
一万四博士?? 听起来比二百五先生有文化多了,恩,要听他的!
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
 楼主| 发表于 2006-1-23 20:42 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 多伦多来客 于 2006-1-23 19:18 发表5 U" Z2 Y5 N; |+ J4 }
一万四博士?? 听起来比二百五先生有文化多了,恩,要听他的!

' g$ k1 G3 @. z0 z" a5 C7 x; y嘿嘿,后面还有个一百先生呢。我有空再过来继续
鲜花(634) 鸡蛋(5)
 楼主| 发表于 2006-1-23 21:15 | 显示全部楼层
Although Evans said it was "notable'' that the cow contracted BSE after a 1997 ban was imposed on giving cows any feed made from cattle, he also said it is not inconsistent with other cases found around the world.
$ ?" W. u. Q+ z- C1 P* @3 T虽然一万四说,1997年后患有疯牛病的牛一个显著特点是使用以牛肉为原料的饲料,但是他还说,这和世界各地的疯牛病例并不完全一致。7 ?$ D2 s  g2 `7 R

; l4 `3 L0 Y" g& J& IThe CFIA said the cow showed progressive symptoms and was destroyed after its owner called a veterinarian. The carcass was sent to a Winnipeg lab for testing.
, @: u) C  F& }0 N0 x加拿大食品监督组织说,这头牛表现了激进的症状,饲养主在请兽医诊治之后就将牛杀掉了。牛的尸体被送到温尼伯的实验室进行测试。6 b1 s5 H( ?7 ]
( O' x# k# ]$ z0 Z
Mike Johanns, Secretary of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, issued a statement saying he does not anticipate any change in the status of beef or live cattle imports from Canada.
; q9 U) h& B; j5 e% ]麦克,乔安寺,美国农业部秘书长,发布声明说,他不会对从加拿大牛肉和活畜进口进行任何改动。' P  ]" `2 d; C* l! t

2 G- ?. a$ B$ S8 x"I am confident in the safety of beef and in the safeguards we and our approved beef trading partners have in place to protect our food supply,'' Johanns said in a release out of Washington.
8 k0 `1 {- Y/ t! d* m我对牛肉安全很自信,对我们和我们认可的牛肉贸易伙伴错采取的用以保护食物供应的安全措施很自信。乔安寺在安抚华盛顿方面的时候说到。- L1 I8 w  c# n$ r/ d# \- `

. E7 J% G1 `5 k2 p+ \The first case of BSE shut world markets to Canadian beef and the resulting mad cow crisis cost producers more than $7 billion.
& _/ [( D0 Y' H$ P2 S第一起疯牛病案例曾经关闭了加拿大牛肉向全世界的出口,疯牛病危机造成了供应者超过7billion加元的损失; N( C. {6 i' C9 j* _+ P0 \+ b
8 S5 M* M9 }1 {+ g6 W2 Y
Evans said the CFIA has launched a comprehensive investigation to determine when the latest infected cow was exposed to BSE and whether any other animals are affected.
' n) c: n5 J" N5 i, s! u* b
8 G3 u7 A* S0 [Cattle born on the farm 12 months before and 12 months after the infected animal are being tracked, as well as the cow's most recently born two offspring. # M# M; m; e5 w4 ?6 K5 d

^/ |, Y6 ]3 T7 y- c" c6 ?Feed purchases, records and storage methods are also being reviewed.
: P5 H) g0 _- d: {9 e6 ~9 i4 p, n) V' Z: d' V* X
Eby said he hopes the new case will not delay a decision by Washington to finally reopen the border to cattle over 30 months of age and to beef and dairy breeding animals, which remain banned from the U.S. 9 M: X& X; ?: Y6 N
$ n* d* s6 h# g% T" u
There has been hope the U.S. Agriculture Department could issue a new trading rule as early as this fall on those sectors of the industry. Together they have been losing up to $500 million a year due to the ban. 0 @. @* ^, F( m) S9 H% h- x

5 t* M! t, o! S9 [- DEby said major players in the U.S. beef industry are also eager to see the border fully reopen to Canadian beef.
! K  M7 k. P) a
% A% w5 E% k) X, U+ V* E2 E"I visited this morning with Jim McAdams, president of the National Cattlemen's Beef Association,'' he said. "They are very supportive of our industry here.''
) p, m! D) M+ Z% s, z* h7 F0 h) o3 w0 R
However, some American ranchers said they were worried about Canada's latest case of mad cow disease.
/ L# y6 E% v% k0 ^1 w2 A* h6 G" m/ V7 }
It means Canada still doesn't have a full handle on the BSE situation, said Wade Moser, executive vice-president of the North Dakota Stockmen's Association.
6 ^$ k' T5 U; U3 e4 Y$ |
+ P& z' y% X8 R2 C% ?* H  ~! w, o5 T6 S"They're proposing that cattle over 30 months come into the United States,'' he said. "That is exactly the concern we've got. If that animal had been shipped to the U.S., it would have been a U.S. problem.''
* b$ Q$ G8 {* B* I: H  u9 q/ d' x  x& B3 [' C, d: a
Canadian beef recently returned to some supermarket shelves in Tokyo following the lifting of a two-year ban on imports.
- L* r/ P( Y( N' b4 k2 y( F
( p2 ?. c- p% lJapanese officials agreed to allow beef from North America back into the marketplace _ provided it came from animals under 21 months.
6 E" C! t, R. T5 b. Q+ v; `
0 ~$ c, [, \& \9 R0 e- UEntry into Japan is considered key to the long-term recovery plan of Canada's battered beef industry.   v; a* E) [0 U* V5 q' }# {! S; h! W! C
1 F% i  k) x8 u8 H
Cattle officials have pinned their hopes on a growing appetite from Pacific Rim countries to help reduce reliance on the U.S. market. ! y, X+ h, M% n1 N" u
" k" Z& U) F. ^* K: p
Japan closed its border to American beef once again just a few days ago after inspectors found cattle backbone in a recent shipment from the United States. / I; ~. m6 t% W" L, @: U3 q" J( N
3 q  q4 }9 q& \4 E. M- p& W
2 s8 e: ~; c9 G6 g: H

2 h- {- k5 o; Q+ b, J© The Canadian Press 2006
2 x: u+ |3 S. V% j  ]0 b" p3 \: |3 Y
5 b4 @1 v+ E! r% N- T2 ?3 j7 w[ 本帖最后由 三思 于 2006-1-23 20:33 编辑 ]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-23 23:58 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-1-25 19:53 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-4-23 11:45 , Processed in 0.295885 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On, APC On.