[电工杂谈] 关于《电工工会国际大会》的信息

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-1-6 20:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Have you received this Email?
! m  ]- e% z7 W! DJanuary 6, 2011/ `# y& X- \) E% @$ v
Dear Sisters and Brothers:; h( y$ ^2 d9 n! s$ Q3 d* D3 f

W7 r' {5 b: c) j. bIn addition to our skills on the job, many among us have other talents that deserve to be spotlighted.  As we plan for our 38th International Convention to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia, in September 2011, we want to make 2011 a year to celebrate the many things our members do, leading up to the big event in Canada.
; ^/ _  \- ]* w: y) E! ^3 I5 i, F! {9 k6 d+ Q  m, K7 Y& }
And so we initiated IBEW Has Talent (IHT).
1 w. S& b8 I5 @$ ]
, }/ i. Y5 [; m5 m! E2 |We are searching to find the most talented members in each of our 11 vice presidential districts and have them compete for first place at our convention family gala on Saturday, September 17, 2011.  Think of it as a large version of a union picnic that so many of you attend each year, and we will truly make it our own by showcasing homegrown talent.! R- M( U0 X5 Q$ s

0 J, A$ S8 `: }$ EDetails about the contest were published in the December issue of The Electrical Worker which you should have recently received, and is also available on our Web site, ibew.org.' j3 W3 G7 T& f' j2 t! y
$ X5 |" G% n6 k& E7 R) x+ y6 _
Here are the basics:
. F: ^/ K& C% t•        All contestants are to submit a video of their performance to the International Office.  Entries can be uploaded on the Web site or recorded on a disc and delivered by mail.' \% t  ?. U0 ^( o# K) E! h" u
•        The contest is open only to IBEW members in good standing.  If a group act is submitting an entry, at least one person in the group must be a member in good standing.
. l% [7 y7 H) |; o1 E( b•        The top videos will be distributed to the districts from which the contestant hails and will be shown at the district progress meetings.  Because these meetings take place over a period of six months, there is a sliding scale of deadlines for entries.  Delegates to the progress meeting will select the winner from their district.
! E- d$ q8 B  p" g/ G6 Y3 i•        District winners will be invited to compete in Vancouver and provided with four nights lodging.  All other travel expenses will be the responsibility of the contestants; however, the districts and local unions are urged to help support their representative(s).2 T$ Z% Z2 P. \9 Y& C2 k( ]  G9 e
•        On Saturday, the eleven competitors will perform for the crowd and a panel of judges at the picnic.  The judges will determine the top three finishers who will compete in the evening, with the winner being voted on by delegates and guests at the event.  
5 i) z" _, }2 t3 U7 g* A' f•        For more information and entry forms please visit www.ibew.org/talent.  Questions can be directed to talent@ibew.org. 4 U  |2 q$ i0 P: ]( ~8 i  b

; Q  `9 n* L+ F, h+ BWe encourage any member to enter the contest.  If you believe your talents are best demonstrated every day on the job, help us spread the word to fellow members that might be interested.  We look forward to celebrating the many abilities among our membership and showcasing that IBEW Has Talent.
+ W- Y3 F+ e: }! I/ b3 f$ ]4 Y
! g+ ^; N) k8 H* V! z. TWith best wishes, we are
7 t1 e# B. B/ U6 kFraternally yours,& U. ^4 \! O, H

6 G3 b3 ?$ ]& c0 k& P" U. T& `+ Y1 o; c2 i/ a' }
Edwin D. Hill        Lindell K. Lee& G/ [+ `$ g$ C7 M4 r/ I- y; q
International President        International Secretary-Treasurer$ a* @. p/ P) v$ G1 o9 C! r
# \1 o2 x9 c+ z& v8 H
  v  N; s6 C5 n8 b& B6 b; R
You are recieving this email because you are part of one of the following lists; IBEW Political Action Center, IBEW Media Wire, International Membership Database or a Local Union / District Email List.: R% _' ?: f- D" E1 ]
十一个IBEW424的代表将参加于明年春天在温哥华召开的《国际电工大会》。
; ?4 L" L; ]  L  k  \" Q每一个IBEW424的会员(两年会龄且无有记载过错)都有资格参加竞选代表。& o7 d3 n( W$ n; V
如果有中国人愿意参加竞选,我们应该支持。! Y: _# l1 t' R, V8 E( S
大会于9月17日召开。大约4月底5月初开始竞选。$ W' X1 m9 B) d8 H
http://ibew424.net/node/256" Y0 _8 B) i: p6 @
旅行,吃,住都提前给钱,就像LOA;5 ^+ J' H2 S! b9 l+ k5 O
11个人都可以是中国人。
# Y& f2 w( y* |( i( p这件事有利于提高中国电工在IBEW424内的知名度
# G( v' s3 e2 S1 a1 L' h* r同意的请回帖!!!为避免误解,提前公布信息。
7 F* |6 a4 v9 N7 w" H9 _) `竞选具体细节:/ s( X% l3 a7 b6 q
8 A6 _+ L' c# T: a: {
The IBEW International Convention is held every five years.; N+ r5 o$ [" ^' i+ x0 l
The next convention will be in 2011 and will be held in Vancouver Canada. 7 Z4 c: a8 Y! W6 [; ?

& I6 V( y3 a, H5 w# UThe IBEW Constitution, Article II (http://ibewminuteman.net/ibew_constitution/article-2.php ) governs the convention.) @- h8 S6 n( N
If you don't have a copy of it, ask for one next time you're at the Union hall. ( x$ I% a! B  v& ]9 k( c: _: b, Y

$ O2 H+ u4 Z' [% c: q; @1 y9 XEvery Local in the IBEW will have nominations for the convention in the
% y5 r. D9 ^  b& z  u$ jspring of 2011. Any member in good standing for two years prior to
8 C" }4 j6 b- D  s7 C  {  snominations is eligible to put his name forward for convention. Local 424
! ?, U+ O# M" Xwill be entitled to send eleven (11) delegates, based on the size of the
. t0 g) _& |% Q3 vmembership. In the last two or three conventions, Local 424 had about 40 to# c2 h1 l& `% @) W0 U; k
50 members put them name in. Members who are nominated for convention must) o; `1 I' _+ @
present a letter or be present to signify his willingness to attend.
% s8 z  V# U' b3 h* P1 C2 |. q5 X
4 H7 M5 d- j$ a% tOnce all three units have had nominations, the union will verify the, F5 C* d$ U( P; L
eligibility of the nominees and then put every eligible candidate on a
! F- I' x- K, e$ N& `ballot. Again, it would expect there to be about 40 or 50 names on the
2 v/ w5 o/ W9 Q2 A: q2 q+ q1 kballot. The ballots will go out in the mail and every union member will get
& C- @+ P1 H; `& ]6 U& }4 \to select eleven (11) names from the 40 or 50 names on the list. An election
! }* w  P; I2 _* A* Q! c! Z0 jjudge will open up all the ballots and count them to see which 11 people
( T( R  w7 E9 shave the highest number of votes. Those people will be declared elected to- Z: M. H  J" H% p- R+ L6 h
go to convention. The convention usually has about 2000 plus delegates.. v$ e8 W0 ^; t7 `
/ R1 D5 o2 F3 Q9 ^) H$ o! [
Local 424 will provide rooms and a meal allowance for the week of the
0 Y, q8 ^, N" M# P& ]convention, as well as an allowance to travel to and from Vancouver. This
$ R( n- g7 R* _% w4 D- A& U. |money will be paid in advance of convention. There will be no cost to the5 R: s/ q& r5 P3 L2 x
delegates unless they want to go shopping or something.% l' C) M6 g& o2 Y
  l; }3 T  n$ Q
Prior to convention, every Local Union has the right to propose resolutions$ D+ L1 j- h+ b  }( f5 M; y' D1 }
to the convention. Every convention will have a "Resolutions Committee" that
2 n" f) B" Z9 J4 _  J6 M3 }will present resolutions to the convention floor. The resolutions will be
9 t2 ?" U3 |+ Y% q- Z4 j" P: Bdebated and voted on the convention floor. Resolutions that are passed will: x8 v8 C# C" V: U2 D$ x
acted upon by the IBEW after convention. 5 Q( [. g. X) }9 R% Z, V* F
1 k, \3 c, q; }. [4 a6 f  U/ v- K
At convention will also be the election of IBEW Officers. This would be the9 S" j3 Z7 d3 ^
International President and International Secretary Treasurer. Also
) s& |) w& T( H" N4 A+ i& aelections will be held for Vice Presidents and International Executive Council.
7 ]% W& ^. j7 z+ L, |
7 o. M) r6 C# Q* l. p  X: {& JThere will be a Convention work books from the last two conventions and it is available to anyone who wishes to go through them.' B& G* q1 ^2 i# Z9 g" F
. F3 i/ V" }/ T0 h, j6 ]
Everybody is encouraged you to put their name forward for convention. It would be a, m8 N9 A3 B% Y: |8 b; A
very good indicator of the organization of the Chinese electrician association. If you were one of the top 11 voted people, and then decided to not attend, the person getting the 12th highest amount of votes would attend.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-1-7 18:35 | 显示全部楼层
1# yzdzhg
. U2 g( I, T# ^3 ?9 ^I got an E-mail yesterday from IBEW Local 353 yesterday. it is same as yours.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-13 06:09 , Processed in 0.105382 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.