查看: 1141|回复: 0

[招聘信息] The Coordinator of the Multicultural Coalition

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-3-11 12:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
The Multicultural Coalition; ?5 ?% V/ A0 H8 W
The Multicultural Coalition is an organization that has engaged emerging
) j4 j9 f) B5 s% uimmigrant and refugee communities in enhancing the communities’ organizational
2 z* V9 q# B! tcapacity, facilitating partnership development, implementing communitydeveloped! @9 ]0 |* Z8 `8 d* A9 o* ~+ t# L
advocacy strategies and civic engagement through community
7 D# F0 l. Z" Panimation. Please visit our website at www.multiculturalcoalition.ca for more
8 d7 S% v( }' v; Uinformation.) v/ A( k: T$ s
4 F$ {6 g) n% W9 |
The Coordinator of the Multicultural Coalition
' k: N1 g+ I& d3 _- XRoles and Functions: l* J1 x& _+ ]7 g9 n/ T; X
The Coordinator is responsible for the over-all management and operations of the3 E# t% f% i( u: r9 k* g
organization. The Coordinator defines the objectives, policies and goals for the
$ O4 L# `0 ?9 N3 L. y" C/ _operations of the organization staff within the general board policies. He/she has, p6 n9 J* A; Z, l; s
the important responsibility of accurately reporting on financial progress,
) h( |1 `0 J, G  j% Z  ?8 |# Roperational concerns, organizational problems and accomplishments at regular" e6 a" s, T! t" x/ z$ [, h# O
board meetings. Short-range planning is the responsibility of the Coordinator and is
' ]# h4 }5 O# K9 I( R* R6 Q0 K; Kconducted within the policy guidelines of the board. The Coordinator is an$ k; Z7 \. V0 Y5 ~8 B  V
employee of the board and therefore should not be part of the board which hires
6 {: p# m7 Y) R7 dstaff and sets their salaries. However, the Coordinator should be required to attend
4 v  A  A2 m; |( H) M$ tall board meetings and be an active, nonvoting participant.
2 V# T! N! w1 j  M
" @% O: Y* O* v+ a. R! R0 \& IFunctions and responsibilities:4 {& F- p* c' {/ a) n
The specific functions of the coordinator include the following:
% {* u; O7 r3 C' Y" `1. Provides over-all coordination of Coalition activities in consultation with the# Q* C: D2 \$ l6 h1 t8 g6 k
officers of the Coalition; I4 m) }/ z  m4 _9 C$ K# q
2. Builds and sustain relationships and partnerships with ethnocultural/ l( H7 i- q! G" s& f$ s; U4 _
organizations, immigrant and refugee communities, voluntary organizations
% _" b) ], B! L6 H1 l8 C: Dand public institutions
$ v, P4 u: ^; T8 J+ @+ g4 G; f3. Seeks opportunities to ensure sustainability of the organization through
, U/ S* O) `( {' _2 g1 Yfunding opportunities and maintaining initiatives  h$ C3 q. Q* b; s1 T
4. Liaise with funders, public and non-profit organizations and community
9 Q- Y8 b; N( a% w. r# j) o3 L& @organizations as well as the media and build strategic relationships with
& F) R- {) m/ _1 xthese organizations' c# Z+ E0 n/ E$ K0 c0 w
5. Promotes transformative leadership among formal and informal community* ?& d# @& D( V* h  p9 c* `
leaders
) L/ ]& V8 x; h# m5 {) w$ Y3 E( z6. Advances the community animation process as a bridging strategy for civic9 k* \% X% W# Y" x6 e
participation of ethnocultural communities with the larger Canadian society
6 ~4 T  J: f% ]# `' ^" ~4 N7. Offer opportunities for service providers to learn and experience working* u6 V4 n* d3 E/ u5 w+ y8 u
with groups and communities with culturally, ethnically and linguistically
9 G1 P" j+ V' t+ F; ldiverse backgrounds! e' X& q+ _7 Y
4 @# o$ a* Q' u: ?4 v+ \
Administrative responsibilities:
  u1 I+ W3 E; h% t1. Maintain an adequate bookkeeping and accounting system; provide for its
% t6 r. h( Q) Q& aregular examination by competent outside auditors, selected by the board of
3 u( V& O* U# f5 j4 G1 y3 Vdirectors, and at the regular annual meeting, present a statement to the% f& m" r) N" t
members of the Coalition’s financial condition.+ y6 m! L" N0 M1 p6 ^. ?
2. Recruits and hires staff for programs and other initiatives of the
, J+ q% L# K6 [7 _7 f9 o, ~/ V7 lMulticultural Coalition; ~, C  T! k" [  w9 Q/ d
Relationship of the Coordinator to the Board8 T0 }$ c# f' J* y5 ]! K) ~0 a
All operating decisions, employing and supervising personnel, choosing ways to- ?  B% j2 S: l  t! o& f0 t
implement policies, planning the Coalition’s day-to-day activities, and coordinating# ^7 Y) d9 `0 Q- s
operations are a part of the Coordinator’s responsibility.$ M" R, @/ \) H
The Coordinator shares some responsibilities jointly with the board, such as longrange planning. The Coordinator usually provides the initiative and then assists the board in decision-making. The purpose, future directions, broad basic policies, and
8 L) ?, b8 V, ?/ J: j" aaims and objectives of the organizations are decided upon by this process. It should4 U( n% X. e9 Y4 s# O
be noted that the board members make the policy decisions guided by membership
3 u2 H; r5 u2 \" A# }' f& q7 O  Vparticipation and the Coordinator should confine his or her activities to helping and3 o/ h  L/ W) @. h1 O* M9 e, J) U
facilitating this process with the Board. The Coordinator attends all board of
1 ~- d' B3 P5 l: Ldirectors' meetings and make available a business report and a monthly financial+ B- z) Q" |3 f# m) q& Y
statement as a minimum requirement. She/he brings to the board's attention all8 B' R  F4 N3 y3 R1 o
matters requiring board consideration and action. She/he confers with the board of: D8 H/ V4 l0 E# h
directors on the development of new policies and appraises the effectiveness of
1 |; C+ `. Z6 z& D% lpolicies already adopted
/ @4 Q& J7 s' k) |# B+ x1 g7 E' h8 J: [# l  N& w
Key Competencies & Qualifications: s# Y3 r5 @% h9 M8 c' b
1. Intercultural sensitivity, flexibility and an understanding or appreciation
, K9 }7 `% q; E/ ~, r0 h( E$ N) a" Sfor the complex dynamics of emerging immigrant and refugee" K( i  o4 O; \# z- _
communities7 Y8 o' l% H( j8 u/ i. O  I
2. Leadership and critical thinking skills to bridge the needs and struggles/ r! U. D- @; M" o
of immigrant and refugee communities with the interests and mandates
4 P. E; Z% u- ?  M; }& Fof funders, policy-makers, agencies and other decision makers& p# D: U; m/ ?4 E4 h+ }* b( m
3. Experience in writing grant proposals and accessing funding
  t6 }* q- f# N* P) o9 Nopportunities1 [: j/ K* q2 Q7 X8 y- w- |% _2 R
4. Experience in administrative work with a proven ability to multi-task and
# ]0 @; n! A9 }6 j2 qorganize
6 l" X. ^% u- d+ n: D5. Facilitation skills and ability to design, develop and deliver workshops an
! F5 v6 Z1 g$ g8 ]# S: Wasset3 ~3 _- r  w' {; }, x( R
6. Public speaking skills. Media relations skills an asset
3 }& V8 B; T( {+ p4 M, I7 \9 V4 E7. Community based research skills is an asset7 E4 z3 w0 i2 |9 I2 ~# c
8. A diploma or degree in Social Work, the Social Sciences, Public Health, or
& @* k6 e  k# u" C: d2 z$ Yany related field is desired
9 N, E5 o# D- t+ f0 y4 W) I1 {( O( `9. A minimum of 2 years experience in project management at the
" u- n$ C  I, Z- |  h7 O9 ^) Ocommunity level; S% V" N% G/ ^6 _) y3 [
10. Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office (World, Excel and Power
/ L. _! ?0 N6 nPoint) and internet
3 V$ B' w6 l7 f  T8 ]) Q: J. O" w0 J3 S2 o- T9 W
Pay Range & Terms
# b; T! P" j& ?' _6 `This is a 9-month contract starting April 11, 2011 to December 31, 2011, with) W+ B8 n2 s6 n" c
possible extension depending on funding.: V" A% n: m, ]
Salary: Negotiable; commensurate with experience
; L2 o- p" c; Z4 D+ rEmployment Start Date: April 11, 2011$ q" W  `) L( h
A minimum of 30 hours per week
# _" y% `- I' \' P6 J' ^" v, j& U! T3 u' ?% l- w) E" ]
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and
: B& O2 m+ ]8 c3 C, R1 r  Rcover letter by Friday, March 25th, 2011 5:00 pm to:- v! Z/ u5 S3 ]% \! {
multiculturalcoalition@yahoo.ca and kindly quote “Coordinator Position” in the
% z% k5 V- ]" V( d" W' Vsubject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the cover letter.9 w2 Y1 `9 c( u: u; ~
We sincerely thank all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity;4 I) ~7 L: x. ^
however those selected for an interview will be contacted.
理袁律师事务所
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-15 19:51 , Processed in 0.095432 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.