找回密码
 注册
查看: 4335|回复: 1

Staged collision

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2013-12-19 09:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
I should have learnt this expression before, but Yuntun's post did help me know it better. Thanks to Yuntun for your being knowledgeable and generous. % M$ V3 U" v- L1 A" r. ~; f
5 m) K+ l3 y5 ]5 Q. a
I googled "staged collision" and found an article from a police website, which means that police has long known this criminal conspiracy. The article provides some tips that are helpful to all drivers, either novice or experienced. So I would love to share it with you. Please enjoy.
9 M) R( |6 o2 }
5 s) I$ I1 X+ k) \# dDRIVING TIPS
' N. }4 z% p# ~
3 g' s- m: n$ Y% d% _The LAPD, Financial Crimes Division (FCD), suggests the following valuable tips to protect motorists from staged collisions:6 p% a7 q! O3 R3 p
2 i  {8 n4 }6 d/ l3 U- H
If you are involved in a collision on a busy street or highway your first and foremost thought should be your safety and the safety of your passengers. If possible, remove your vehicle from the traffic lanes. Before removing your vehicle make sure you inform the other motorist involved that you are removing your vehicle for safety reasons and are not attempting to leave the scene of the accident and are not a hit-and run driver.
6 O: ]: c. a- u; y. _% WOnce you and your passengers are in a safe place, exchange information with the other motorist involved. Also, be aware of persons at the scene of the collision who might be potential witnesses. Approach these persons and try to obtain a statement from them of what they saw. Also write down their individual names, addresses and telephone numbers for future reference.' [, V4 S- J3 u

- z' c3 J; N7 X% f1 R% Y* ECarry a disposable camera in the glove compartment of your vehicle. Take as many pictures of the other vehicle and its passengers as possible. This will help the LAPD detectives investigate your collision case.+ m* T% k& K3 K5 ]/ P# s& U
If you think you have been involved in a staged collision make sure to count the number of passengers in the other vehicle. If possible, get their individual names, addresses, telephone numbers and driver license numbers. Often more people will file claims than were in the vehicle when the collision occurred.% D, c, {4 |, v4 g/ d1 v
Fully insured motorists, driving alone, are the favorite targets of criminals involved in staged collisions. Criminals involved in staged collisions prefer "lone drivers" because "passengers" make good witnesses. Luxury and commercial vehicles are often targeted because they offer the promise of extensive insurance coverage.
% H2 N$ p" ]0 n8 f* o0 a$ n/ f! ?. J
& J* \% \# A  h1 JWhen driving, be aware of other vehicles around you. Always allow ample space between you and the vehicle in front of you. Look beyond the vehicle in front of you. If you see a vehicle slowing down in front of you, begin to slow down also. Do not wait for the vehicle in front of you to slow down first.
. N. e$ J7 ]- `7 {. k! M! }/ o3 W; a2 U9 s
Be very careful when turning from a lane that allows two vehicles to turn simultaneously. Criminals who commit staged collisions often prey on vehicles that cross the centerline, purposely sideswiping a targeted vehicle.3 w" U' u/ y; {3 P( h& u& K
/ W% T$ }2 m7 r8 \/ w& j1 y
Oftentimes, "phony witnesses" are positioned near the scene of the staged collision to support the involved criminal’s account and to contradict the innocent driver’s account of what actually happened. In some instances, criminals inflict injury upon themselves or claim "hard to dispute" soft-tissue injuries in order to collect on insurance claims.
# s" w, [; B6 F! a$ v# U, j- L+ Z  L# ^9 o# ~- @# x& {, \
If you suspect you have been involved in a staged collision immediately report the crime to the LAPD.4 t+ c5 z) n, A6 u  `0 a0 L! R
* O4 v  u/ _) {1 i1 E& y# L
% b1 K7 p/ Z) O# }
CONCLUSION- _' N9 {0 Y' u/ I  N  [
1 x- X* l3 @! O7 ~' M  A5 O
Driving is a full time job. You can reduce your chances of becoming a victim of a staged collision if you apply the aforementioned tips, adhere to the rules of the road and always drive defensively.  }6 V( w% Y& `: Q5 o4 J

7 P3 H5 U2 ^6 L/ V7 \- v% p
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2014-1-1 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
值得一读
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-13 12:48 , Processed in 0.125446 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.