找回密码
 注册
查看: 327|回复: 1

[时事热评] Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2018-6-14 10:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
现年40岁的约翰·比奈2014年2月被任命为美国纽约皇后区的希尔克斯特高中副校长,同时掌管该校英语部,年薪11万3771美元。他上任后利用手中权势,威逼利诱女教师与其上床并保持情人关系,就范者可从他手中得到职业福利奖金,安排舒适的教学待遇。而对于违抗者,"色狼"副校长也毫不手软,他通过各种折磨手段狠狠打击她们,包括降薪、玷污名声、增加工作量等方式令她们感到身心俱疲,被迫辞职走人。( Y0 n! d% ^! h. I
/ B' @) q  M) l& Q% }0 _- D- n& l0 F
Queens high school administrator slept with at least four teachers and one student and tormented subordinates: lawsuit: \: w" R3 S" f$ p( |0 j
  D7 X* j7 d. f/ @

: x4 b4 _0 ^; |5 N) _$ ~- H$ o5 c% q( @6 u' s6 G. m9 y2 E$ `5 P1 `; J6 H
An educator accused of bedding four or more teachers and at least one student at a Queens high school tormented female subordinates who complained about him, a new $2 million lawsuit charges.
/ d6 ^1 p. m9 [  Q: ~1 O2 G5 V* r; T+ M7 s5 l
John Binet was named assistant principal at Hillcrest High School in February 2014 after his pal, David Morrison, was promoted to principal, according to a Manhattan Supreme Court lawsuit filed late Sunday.7 K$ A( J  @6 P% }6 o# H; ~

6 f4 L+ U7 {$ oTwo teachers who worked under him, Caroline Shin and Eleni Giannousis, allege in their suit that Binet, 40, created a “sexually charged atmosphere for the female teachers and students” — and punished them when they complained to Morrison and union reps.' O1 Q' |! g2 R
' }  K0 Q9 {' t3 T
Even before he became the (assistant principal), while he was director of the English department, Binet (photo) engaged in public displays of affection at the school (that) included kissing and sexual touching with a female teacher, in the school’s classrooms, hallways and stairwells during school hours,” the bombshell court documents allege.
) f3 b, Z: ~% g* f9 F: R$ f2 G- T. ]' w, C: o, I3 k3 p
“Binet’s relationship with this teacher only marked the start of his sexually inappropriate conduct with at least four female faculty, whose names are known to the plaintiffs, and at least one and possibly four students of the school.”0 [: X3 G  |( k" v& n7 I, L0 b. d' v

" Q# w2 ]- q4 ?, N“This student has expressed her emotional pain to members of the school and has suffered shock and emotional harms as Binet never contacted the student again after having sex with her,” the suit says.6 X0 H; e8 B! p% E- b. A

! ?2 h7 \. N; u9 A/ R2 U; I" Y3 \Neither Shin, 37, nor Giannousis, 34, claims Binet overtly hit on them, but they allege his behavior included stalking and spreading lies — as well as outright cruelty.
% U) @: P6 B6 @" l% j( |6 Z4 t# d! r1 C$ D9 ~  i% F4 Y
After Shin told Binet and Morrison she would be out for approximately a week because of a miscarriage in September 2014, Binet repeatedly texted her for three days demanding lesson plans, she alleges in the suit. About one month later, Binet called Shin into a meeting and said “ ‘No one in the school likes you,’ and further, that ‘You are difficult to work with’ and that she had a ‘bad reputation at school ... ’ ” court papers claim. “When Ms. Shin began crying, in response, Binet told her, ‘Look, I know what happened to you, but I am not going to walk on eggshells for you’ and Binet then referred to her as a ‘fragile butterfly.’ ”
  V) T! V3 o4 C5 T. Z) F
( d9 o: c- w  A; \With Giannousis, Binet once texted her “in the late evening,” asking “what does a night in Eleni’s life look like?”" {4 K/ |; }! K- C% ?
% m4 E+ Q! H4 J" r. y
“Starting in the spring semester of 2014, on approximately 54 different occasions, Binet ‘checked in’ with Ms. Giannousis during her lunch hour,” the suit says. “For no particular reason Binet would peer over Ms. Giannousis’ shoulder and stand approximately 6 inches from her person, making her exceedingly uncomfortable.”
: |, f9 H& j+ x
0 S6 a7 V% U& eShin still works at the school under Binet — who makes $113,771 per year.- b& s, @7 E2 J# x4 I6 [) }
. G5 J! \0 T; ?3 h4 v- g
But at least six staffers have fled — including Giannousis — because of Binet’s behavior, the suit says. The suit also claims Morrison “has a documented history of being less than forthright and manipulating records in order to serve his self-interest.”
# a# s" F4 a! e) a6 {( \
  G4 C" [# ^9 k5 [8 {6 p6 y4 BIn 2016, the suit states, “Morrison was caught creating fake online classes and passing 172 students in the fake classes in order to boost the graduation rates of the school.”
) A. f) M# K# A( B7 R' A. `& [2 j8 J4 |. ?: S6 z) s0 M
The Education Department found the accusations were substantiated, and he received counseling, the department said.3 }' Z; L" j" R) I- }

4 y0 h- p, r) ^6 r0 e“It’s just incredible that in 2018, we can still see behavior like this,” said lawyer Fred Lichtmacher, who represents the women.
# k% f9 T4 v8 I2 v+ y# o9 I
! \. M) {5 z0 {% a$ wEducation spokesman Douglas Cohen said the department is investigating the claims in the suit.4 c9 G7 w3 k( m5 f

0 s. |, ?' t% ?Neither Binet nor Morrison responded to requests for comment.% P) A! ]+ }! K* I
% X( g2 H2 V, I
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2018-6-14 12:03 | 显示全部楼层
A BC professor suggests an analogy between the powerful people's behavior and the behavior of the ones with frontal lobe damage. They lack empathy.% o  Z/ h! [. a( k, g) z" }/ d
5 N# E% [! n' D% {2 n/ G. s: n
大型搬家
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-29 08:35 , Processed in 0.211630 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.